Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kissinger quote

Options
  • 21-05-2010 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the Kissinger quote about the Vietnamese. I'm tearing my hair out trying to find it. Goes something along the lines of-because there was always more of them willing to die for their country...:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭RexMundi

I haven't heard one like that but this one if rather apt for Vietnam (or any US Cold War Foreign Policy essays_
    "No country can act wisely simultaneously in every part of the globe at every moment of time."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ho Chi Minh said (to the French, but it applies to the US too):
    "You can kill ten of my men for every one I kill of yours, but even at those odds, you will lose and I will win."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

spurious wrote: »
    Ho Chi Minh said (to the French, but it applies to the US too):
    "You can kill ten of my men for every one I kill of yours, but even at those odds, you will lose and I will win."
    That'll fit in perfectly, thank you!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 arryanna

"because there were always more Vietnamese prepared to die for their country than foreignors, their nationalism became the scourge of invaders and neighbours alike" Henry Kissinger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

arryanna wrote: »
    "because there were always more Vietnamese prepared to die for their country than foreignors, their nationalism became the scourge of invaders and neighbours alike" Henry Kissinger
    :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement