Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Altitude - Free trial on steam this weekend (€4.49 to buy)

Options
  • 21-05-2010 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭

Just spent the last few hours playing this. fantastic little game. Its free to try this weekend on steam, and its half price for the weekend too. Its also available on the mac.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

It's absolutely fantastic. I've been playing it constantly for the last two days. Even purchased it since it's 50% off during the free-play weekend.

Truly brilliant game, I keep going back to the different plane types and discovering a new tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I've been playing basically nothing but Ball so far and its fantastic. I bought it as well, and then I bought a second copy to gift to a mate :P

The amount of times I've gasped/shouted out loud at the game is a little worrying though :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Reckoner91

I tried it for awhile, but just not my type of game. I dunno, casual games just aren't my thing, I guess I just like games with deep involving single player.

That said, the amount of hours I've spent on Peggle and Geometry Wars is inhumane. I dunno, I guess I'm just weird like that. I would still buy this game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Reckoner91 wrote: »
    I tried it for awhile, but just not my type of game. I dunno, casual games just aren't my thing, I guess I just like games with deep involving single player.

That said, the amount of hours I've spent on Peggle and Geometry Wars is inhumane. I dunno, I guess I'm just weird like that. I would still buy this game though.
    Pfft, Peggle is a casual game.

Geometry Wars is a testament to human creativity and a test of humanity's physical and mental limitations.

Altitude is just kick-ass fun. If you can't have fun with a game then it isn't for you, don't feel the need to force it into the casual category. Online does not equal Casual either in case that is where you were going with that.

I've gone from level 1 to 58 in 5 days/24 hours played. That is not a casual game for I am not a casual player... so I tend to notice these things. :p

My only complaint about the game is the horrendous DRM. Between Steam and its' internal authentication processes, it can be quite unpleasant. That said, with such a tremendously fun game and an indy developer, I can understand why they would go for the DRM heavy option.

Advertisement