Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geeting started on multiplayer BC2

Options
  • 21-05-2010 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Just got BC2 today for my boys. Tried to start multiplyer and asked to supply an email addy. Did so with the one used to register on Xbox live originally, then told "Your gamer profile does not have the Xbox Live permissions" The mail addy was that belonging to the the 14 year old. We then changed the mail associated with gamertag on the Xbox settings thinking it may be a age restriction. Tried it again and got the same message.

Can anyone tell me how to get around this? Pretty p****d that I bought a game and have to get 'permission' to play it online. By this stage I have spent enough money on Xbox, wireless connections and Xbox Live points.

Thanks for reading and any replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Im not 100% sure but i think you have to use a different email to the one you use for a console.
    I think you need to register a game on the EA site with a different email address then use that to log in. Im fuzzy on that too as i have been using the same email for pc BF games since the start of BF2.

Im obviously very fuzzy on it all, but should work if you register another email to an EA account.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

BeansBeans wrote: »
    Im not 100% sure but i think you have to use a different email to the one you use for a console.
    I think you need to register a game on the EA site with a different email address then use that to log in. Im fuzzy on that too as i have been using the same email for pc BF games since the start of BF2.

Im obviously very fuzzy on it all, but should work if you register another email to an EA account.

He solved it over in the XBox forum, seems it was the age check.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

ah ok, good stuff.

Advertisement