Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Permission needed to play Bad Company 2 on Xbox Live?

• 21-05-2010 8:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Just got BC2 today for my boys. Tried to start multiplyer and asked to supply an email addy. Did so with the one used to register on Xbox live originally, then told "Your gamer profile does not have the Xbox Live permissions" The mail addy was that belonging to the the 14 year old. We then changed the mail associated with gamertag on the Xbox settings thinking it may be a age restriction. Tried it again and got the same message.

Can anyone tell me how to get around this? Pretty p****d that I bought a game and have to get 'permission' to play it online. By this stage I have spent enough money on Xbox, wireless connections and Xbox Live points. We are able to play the single player game.

Thanks for reading and any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Do other multiplayer games work? Maybe your live gold subscription ran out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

EGriff wrote: »
    Do other multiplayer games work? Maybe your live gold subscription ran out?
    Subscription to be renewed in early June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭GBX

My friends son had the same issue after buying this game. He is 13 ... and when he signed up for xbox live, used his real DOB. EA has blocked under 18s from playing online. I even tried changing his date to over 18's, but EA has a thing where it stores the original DOB on a gamertag in their system rendering that tag useless if you want to play over 18 games

The only option is to set him up with a new gamer tag .. but that would mean having to get another XBL subscription.

Its dissapointing for kids/parents when it happens ... especially if there friends are playing online etc. But if the game is 18's there only doing what they intended and thats keeping it adults.

Had a hunch that would be it. Hate this big brother sh**e. We switched the email to mine to try to get around this restriciton.

I as his father allow him to play this game as I have checked it out and know he realised it is cartoon/unreal violence........ but EA know better. I always make sure he only plays online with the door open so we can hear him if he is curseing online.

Get the f**k out of my home EA.

I suppose we can start a new XBL account as the current one is finishing in a couple of weeks. Thanks for clarifying that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Dacian wrote: »
    I always make sure he only plays online with the door open so we can hear him if he is curseing online.
    Dacian wrote: »
    Get the f**k out of my home EA.

Nice example on parenting there. One rule for him and one rule for you will always work out well :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

hightower1 wrote: »
    Nice example on parenting there. One rule for him and one rule for you will always work out well :rolleyes:
    My kids know to correct me if they hear me cursing at home.........oh and I'm an adult. I fully accept that they (esp the 17 year old) will curse with their mates,I'm trying to get across the notion of decorum and politeness to others around you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

hightower1 wrote: »

Good thing this isn't a parenting forum, isn't it?

OP: It's pretty ridiculous if you ask me, but there are many examples of things like this happening. You can't take your 14 year old to the cinema to see a moved rated 18 or older. But you can get the movie when it's available to rent or buy and let your kid watch it at home. The externally involved company (Cinema or EA) have to abide by the law. So what you do in your own home is your business, but involving outside companies and the situation changes.

Advertisement