Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 - msgs deleted

Options
  • 21-05-2010 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

i have a nokia n95 8gig. i'm on vodafone prepay. i noticed i hadn't got any texts for about 2 hrs and was expecting them. tried to send myself a text but didn't get it. had someone else send, didn't get it.

went into offline mode and back online. nothing. powered phone off and on again and got 7. this leads me to believe it's a phone issue.

as well as that all my old sms seem to be gone from my phone and only the 7 new sms are there now.

any ideas anyone? have you experienced this before? i'm not too worried about the missing sms right now as much as possible signs of a phone about to go bonkers?

thanks

++ edit

my 2 imap accounts on the phone have disappeared also and been replaced by the default blank "vodafone mail"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The sms problem on its own i was going to say the sim card, but the imap being wiped makes me think it did a factory reset? Did you notice anything else gone, apart from anything on the memory card ofcourse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

the contacts are still there. the message settings appear all there. the theme appears the same. the menu layout appears the same.

it just seems to be email accounts and sms.

i definitely didn't do a factory reset myself and the phone doesn't seem to have done a full one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I didnt mean you did the reset yourself, but doesn't sound like it did do it going by what you said.

Are you still having the sms delayed? You should try a different phone for a day or two and see how it reacts. The problems are probably not connected

i don't think the sms are still delayed, they appear ok now.

this has happened again. right before it happened i was trying to connect to my imap gmail account using the inbuild email facility. i kept clicking retrieve all and it would just fail to connect (without an error msg).

i decided to turn the phone off and on again (as you do when things go wrong).

i turned it back on and all my sms are gone along with all my email accounts and emails on my phone.

i've reinstalled the firmware after the last time but that's clearly not solved it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement