Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holidays early in Marathon Training

• 21-05-2010 9:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭

I am hoping to run DCM this year as my first marathon. Am planning to follow the hal Higdon 18 week intermediate II plan. My problem is this is due to start on June 21st and I am going on holidays with the family for 10 days on June 25th. Now I wont have any problem going out 4 or 5 days during this time for a 3 or 4 mile run but I dont want to do any more than that. Got to be fair to my OH and not leave her too long with 3 small ones.

to get around this I was thinking of starting the plan 2 weeks early on June 7th and doing week 1 and 2 in full and week 3 up to the Thursday. While on holidays then just do a few maintenance runs and then start back at week 3 when I get back home again. This would be where I should be at that stage.

My main concern on this though is that week 3 is a step back week with an 8 mile long run. this would mean my long runs would be 10, 11, (5, 5 holidays) 8, 13. Would the 13 be too much of a jump for me with the easy weeks before? Would I be better to substitute the 8 for say a 10?

What are peoples feelings on this as a plan. Would I be better to start even a week earlier?

Hope what I am saying makes sense. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Just realised I put this under Training Logs. Should have been in the main ART forum.

Any passing Mod please feel free to move it.

Advertisement