Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bayern vs Inter - Champions League Final

Comments

Inter Milan
    What a trophy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Calm down, son. Stats aren't everything. There's too many strikers, I rate as better than him, to call him world class. If you think he is, fair enough.

I think he is easily the best finisher in the world

Inter Milan
    Liam O wrote: »
    Paul Scholes is the only player that I've never heard Dunphy criticise... OK it was a horrible joke :o

Ah right, you had me confused !

Rooney too I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think he was waving goodbye there to the Inter fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Inter Milan
    Seaneh wrote: »
    it was motta's daughter. and it was on her jersey.

I see. I wasn't paying attention.

Inter Milan
    I think he is easily the best finisher in the world

Jaysus, calm down there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mourinho going off to sign the Madrid contract!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Inter Milan
    Party tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Interesting stat that. Not one Italian in the Inter starting eleven. What is more interesting is that all the talk is again about Jose. Which is fair enough but Millito got the two goals.
    In years gone by you wouldn't have seen that.
    Remember when Paisley had to be dragged up the steps to accept a trophy with Liverpool. Yes he was retiring but fact was Paisley let his players do the talking.
    Jose craves attention far too much IMO. Which is a shame because it overshadows his achievements somewhat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Calm down, son. Stats aren't everything. There's too many strikers, I rate as better than him, to call him world class. If you think he is, fair enough.

Park i have to agree with Seaneh here

Milito is one of the best strikers around, he is unreal in the that lone striker role and with great finishing he really is up there with the best in my eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Inter Milan
    Absolutely love watching celebrations and seeing the players with their kids. Kind of brings back the human element to the whole situation. Thought it was class watching Motta and Milito with their children.

Fcuking disgrace that they showed Mourinho walking down steps onto the pitch for two minutes instead of concentrating on Zanetti/ Cambiasso/ and co celebrating with the trophy. You'd swear Mourinho was the sole reason they won at times. Pity, fair play to Inter though, Milito was boss. Amazing to think that this may have never come to pass if his agent wasn't so desperate that he threw his transfer paperwork into the window of an office on deadline day as the front door was closed :P (this was 2 seasons ago when he moved from Zaragoza to Genoa). One of the best finishers in the game for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Delighted for the Inter fans. It's been a long road for them. I can remember '99, and it's some fcuking moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Interesting stat that. Not one Italian in the Inter starting eleven. What is more interesting is that all the talk is again about Jose. Which is fair enough but Millito got the two goals.
    Remember when Paisley had to be dragged up the steps to accept a trophy with Liverpool. Yes he was retiring but fact was Paisley let his players do the talking.
    Jose craves attention far too much IMO. Which is a shame because it overshadows his achievements somewhat

If he ran around with his lad in his hand and jacked off into Moratti's mouth in full view of the cameras his achievements wouldn't be overshadowed tbh. He can celebrate how he likes, he's earned it. He's brought the European cup to Internazionale for the first time since 1965. He can do what he likes.

Plus he hasn't done anything tonight to warrant your petty and ridiculous criticisms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

davyjose wrote: »
    Delighted for the Inter fans. It's been a long road for them. I can remember '99, and it's some fcuking moment.

Why what happened Inter in 99, i dont even think they were in europe as far as i know.....

• Advertisement

Inter Milan

All managers are different personalities.

Jose likes to talk the talk.

But he walks the walk, a treble this season says it all.

Personally, I don't think the Italian league is very strong. Remember, Roma only finished 2 points behind Inter in the league.

Mourinhio is able to squeeze every last drop out of his players and he is tactically as good as it gets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Mourinho is an amazing coach but I don't like the media attention. Inter's first European Cup in 45 years yet all the media attention is on the man.

Inter Milan
    Headshot wrote: »
    Park i have to agree with Seaneh here

Milito is one of the best strikers around, he is unreal in the that lone striker role and with great finishing he really is up there with the best in my eyes

He's up there with the best alright.

But Seaneh said he was easily the best finisher in the world.

Bit of a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Why what happened Inter in 99, i dont even think they were in europe as far as i know.....
    I'm guessing but I think davyjose is a Man Utd. fan and he's talking about how it feels when your team wins a treble. Inter were in Europe in 99, we went out of the CL to Utd.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The way I see the José media whore thing is this.

He is the focus of the media's attention, this takes a LOT of attention off the players and makes their lives a lot easier. There is a reason that almost every player who has ever played under him considers him like a family member. He looks after his players and treats them like they are all important and makes their lives easier. He makes them want to preform as good as they possibly can because otherwise they would be letting him down.

Genius if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Inter Milan
    Ronnie: Real Madrid were a better team in the Champions League last season. WT...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Milito won't be starting in South Africa.

The way I see the José media whore thing is this.

He is the focus of the media's attention, this takes a LOT of attention off the players and makes their lives a lot easier. There is a reason that almost every player who has ever played under him considers him like a family member. He looks after his players and treats them like they are all important and makes their lives easier. He makes them want to preform as good as they possibly can because otherwise they would be letting him down.

Genius if you ask me.

It continually amazes and astounds me that people STILL haven't copped onto the fact that all the top managers play this game week in week out. Jose is no different, he's just better at it than most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Inter Milan
    Inter were great tonight. Let feck all past them. Bayern didn't deserve to be European Champions as much as Jose's bai's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Fair play to Inter, felt really bad for Muncih they deserved more , but this is football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

CorkMan wrote: »
    Milito won't be starting in South Africa.

Takes a brave man to second guess any Maradona starting line up giving how many players he used in qualifying!

Inter Milan
    flahavaj wrote: »
    It continually amazes and astounds me that people STILL haven't copped onto the fact that all the top managers play this game week in week out. Jose is no different, he's just better at it than most.

Still, it's ridiculous that instead of the camera's showing Inter celebrate with the trophy they concentrated on Jose walking down the Bernabeu steps for about two minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't know what it was about tonight but I just didn't care about the game at all. I don't know if it was the simple fact that I know that those two teams are not the best teams in Europe, that it was never going to be an exhibition of football or if it was the fact that it was on a Saturday night that put me off but whatever it was it just didn't do it for me at all.

Mourinho is a fantastic manager and fully deserves the title and some real legends of the game won their first CL medal tonight but I dunno, just doesn't feel like the right teams were in that final or something.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Takes a brave man to second guess any Maradona starting line up giving how many players he used in qualifying!
    How many did he use, are you going with that full number that includes many 'B' Internationals when players that were involved in the Champion's League and the Copa Libertadores were not even considered?

eZe^ wrote: »
    Still, it's ridiculous that instead of the camera's showing Inter celebrate with the trophy they concentrated on Jose walking down the Bernabeu steps for about two minutes.

I agree with that. But in fairnes you can't blame Jose for that. And in fairness to the TV directors, Jose is the man that everyone's taling about, including on here. And its their job to give peopel what they want.

Regardless, you can't blame Jose himself for the cameras being trained on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I agree with that. But in fairnes you can't blame Jose for that. And in fairness to the TV directors, Jose is the man that everyone's taling about, including on here. And its their job to give peopel what they want.

It's sad that the media are gonna praise Mourinho more than Inter.

Lukker- wrote: »
    It's sad that the media are gonna praise Mourinho more than Inter.

Blam the media for that, not the man himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

eagle eye wrote: »
    How many did he use, are you going with that full number that includes many 'B' Internationals when players that were involved in the Champion's League and the Copa Libertadores were not even considered?

Forget the exact number but it was a ridiculous amount, I'd be very impressed if anyone could name there starting line up for the first game and get 9/11 correct. This is very off topic

Inter Milan

It's hardly his fault the cameraman/woman fancies him !

And as a result of it his teams don't face the same close scrutiny before big games as other teams, he soaks it all up and leaves them to play football.

And as a result of it his teams don't face the same close scrutiny before big games as other teams, he soaks it all up and leaves them to play football.

As I said, oldest trick in the book.

Theres a big difference between doing what you have described, for the reasons you described and him craving media attention as SOTS rather stupidly alluded to earlier.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Forget the exact number but it was a ridiculous amount, I'd be very impressed if anyone could name there starting line up for the first game and get 9/11 correct. This is very off topic
    Its not actually that difficult you know, I'll discuss it with you again.

Inter Milan
    Don't think anyone can really argue with Inter's victory either, considering this campaign they had to K.O the Spanish, English, and German champions on route to the trophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,835 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well done Inter Milan and Jose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Won some bets but overall ,uninspiring fare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

rossie1977 wrote: »
    so recent success in europe (or lack thereof in chelseas case) determines who is a world class superpower. does that mean lyon are a bigger team than real madrid because they got further in europe last few years ;)

only in soccer could a fan say two teams with 6 european cup and 5 uefa cups between em are not real superpowers compared to a club with none of those trophies :D

Good grief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Ya, beside the fact that Jose loves being the centre of attention his teams are off topic leading up to a big match. It is basically Jose v whoever and that obviously helps the team regards the pressure is off them and it is all on the opposite team. In fairness hats off to the guy, to beat Chelsea, Barca and now Bayern - absolute phenonmen, phenonimen, phenonomen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Inter Milan
    Another disappointment for Bayern after 99. At least this time all was 'fair and square' - the better side won no doubt. Not sure what it was - maybe Bayern was boxing above their weight in this CL final - maybe they just lost it to the best team this year.
    Not a good day for German teams yesterday - need a little break from the games now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Olic was very quiet last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Boskowski wrote: »
    Another disappointment for Bayern after 99. At least this time all was 'fair and square' - the better side won no doubt. Not sure what it was - maybe Bayern was boxing above their weight in this CL final - maybe they just lost it to the best team this year.
    Not a good day for German teams yesterday - need a little break from the games now

What was not fair and square about '99???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

killwill wrote: »

The fact that Bayern took a dump all over United for 89 mins and didn't win :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

killwill wrote: »

For context, read his posts in both legs of Utd v Bayern threads.
    ;)
    (ABU)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Delighted Inter won, they played to their strengths and executed their game plan perfectly. I always felt they were in control of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Don't think anyone can really argue with Inter's victory either, considering this campaign they had to K.O the Spanish, English, and German champions on route to the trophy.

Inter didn't KO the English champions, Bayern did. But I do agree that Inter were the best team in Europe this season. Fair play to them, they're a very committed and disciplined outfit.

I wasn't impressed with the quality of the tournament overall this year tbh. A bit meh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

SantryRed wrote: »
    The fact that Bayern took a dump all over United for 89 mins and didn't win :pac:

Their copy of the rule book must have stated you only have to play well for 89 minutes then. That sucks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement