Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Creation - How Much Should I Charge?

• 21-05-2010 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello

This is my first post so sorry if it is not correctly published.

I basically want to know (like the title says) - How Much Should I Charge for a website.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I can provide you with some details if neccessary.

It was created with HTML and CSS from the ground up as I wanted to learn also and it really helped me in this aspect.

It is a proper job ie Created it to get paid, however I do know the person quite well.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I'd start out by working out a fair price for an hours work.
    Then assess the time/hours you put into doing it.
    Materials used, had you to go back and forth to the client? (time and transport costs?), etc...

The above should give you a head start on price.

Charge as a client - not as a friend. You can of course discount as you see fit - but assess to a conclusion what you consider to be a full price before you start giving discounts for whatever reason.
    (and don't be afraid to list the individual charges if possible. That way you can further justify the price your presenting to them and its harder for them to dispute it as long as your fair.)
    ..and remember work done free by a person, will always ensure that person is busy - but to no end!

Advertisement