Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

property wanted!!

Options
  • 21-05-2010 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hey
    myself and my partner are looking for a house we r 1st time buyers,We want something rural.Ideally an old cottage needing refurbishment and with at least 1acre of land,can anybody recommned were to luk?tried daft no luck! by the way we r in north dublin and woldn't mind meath east or louth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

TRY myhome.ie, google estate agent meath ie, or google cottage for sale meath ireland.See here
    http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=336188
    look on buyandsell.net , gumtree.ie, place an ad wanted cottage county meath or dublin area.
    Even the local small,estate agents have websites now.Even a site with outline planning permission 4 a house seems at least 50k.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

lisar201 wrote: »
    Ideally an old cottage needing refurbishment and with at least 1acre of land
    Be careful with the cottages. Most of them were owned by old people with nothing done to them for a few decades. The thatched one sometimes have a preservation order on them saying you must keep the thatch, and from relatives, this is costly. The "normal" ones often have bad mould, and bad floors. I've seen a few people having trouble restoring them from reading this forum, and often it's cheaper to knock it down, and rebuild it from scratch.

If you are looking, use daft. Do an Advanced Search, and select "Bungalow For Sale" as the property that you want.

Finally, what price tag would you want? There are a few high end ones out there, but I doubt this is what you want.

What may interest you is a "work in progress". Often it's a new house, or partially renovated house, but the builder ran out of money. These houses may be up your alley, as they'll need work, but at the same time, they're not complete f**kups (for the most part).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

Hey
    myself and my partner are looking for a house we r 1st time buyers,We want something rural.Ideally an old cottage needing refurbishment and with at least 1acre of land,can anybody recommned were to luk?tried daft no luck! by the way we r in north dublin and woldn't mind meath east or louth

There is an old cottage beside us on 4 acres coming up for auction on June 11th in Dundalk. Its in Ravensdale, a good area, but it wont be cheap. You will only get planning permission on it for an extension/renovation. You will have to keep the cottage. The EA dealing with it is Laurence Gunne in Dundalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

SEE http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=495599 thats about as cheap as you,ll get.You could email estate agents in meath,louth and say i,m looking for a cottage that needs renovation. LOUTH seems to be more expensive than
    meath from the ads i,ve seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

ricman wrote: »
    SEE http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=495599 thats about as cheap as you,ll get.You could email estate agents in meath,louth and say i,m looking for a cottage that needs renovation. LOUTH seems to be more expensive than
    meath from the ads i,ve seen.

Its a bit small to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 fifime

are u guys still looking? i know someone who may be able to help.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭lisar201

fifime wrote: »
    are u guys still looking? i know someone who may be able to help.....

yes we are

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

yes we are
    Don't forget to post it up here, in case we need to pull it apart...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 fifime

we are presently looking for the same thing in kildare, think we have found it. our first house was got for us by an agent called buyers broker. and they have already gotten us a great deal on this cottage. i'd be happy to chat to you about our experience. this is only my second day on this so not sure how to private message or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

fifime, can you look up the definition of "shill" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 164 ✭✭yogy

txt spk? r u serious? ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

yogy wrote: »
    txt spk? r u serious? ffs
    Is there a problem?

Advertisement