Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re: Social Work

Options
  • 21-05-2010 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Just finishing 3rd year in social care and wondering how do i go about going on to do Social Work Course or do i have to do the full 4 years if I have degree in Social Care..anyone done this before..:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Knarr

pink100 wrote: »
    Just finishing 3rd year in social care and wondering how do i go about going on to do Social Work Course or do i have to do the full 4 years if I have degree in Social Care..anyone done this before..:confused:

If your social care degree is level 8 then you can apply directly to do a masters in social work in UCD, Trinity, UCC and I think NUI Galway. The masters course is 2 years long and qualifies you as a social worker.

From what iv heard getting into them is very competitive so you firstly need at least a 2.2/2.1 degree, and also 'substantial' experience either voluntary or waged working in the field of social care, addiction, homelessness, disability, charities etc. Possibly at least 2 years experiance.

There's two or three on here who have done the course, LadyPennyworth is doing it I believe so she could fill you in best.

But regarding your quesyion re the 4 years. No, thats only for those coming straight from the leaving cert to do the social work course in Trinity. The masters would be the one to aim for.

Advertisement