If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD HDD Recorder from richersoundsuk query

Options
  • 21-05-2010 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

HI john and richersounds and crew.

I am in the market for a HDD/DVD recorder.
    I like the idea of a multi region recorder as I have family in NY who bring back DVDs for the kids and I would like to be able to watch them on the dvd part.
    I want to get a 250gb min hd.
    I was looking at this model on the richersounds uk website.
    See below.
    http://www.richersounds.com/search/hdd%20recorder
    Sony RDRDC205 MRDVD Recorder Multi-Region Playback HDD 250GB Freeview
    TSP: £329.95 Save £110 £219.95

I was wondering would I be able to purchase this through Richersounds in Belfast?
    Would I be able to get a better deal on this as my budget was max 200 euro?

I could pick up in Dublin if ideal.
    Thanks for your help in advance, any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
    best regards
    LW:D

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi lilywhite.

Unfortunately the Sony RDRDC205 is now listed as "LAST FEW" on the UK site as stock has now run out. No more stock of this unit will be available. SORRY :(

I have had a look over the DVD Recorders that are listed on the Website and most of them are IN STORE ONLY due to shortage in Stock.

There does not seem to be much around at the moment that would suit your requests. I will check with the Guys at The Philips Shop to see what they have available.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lilywhite

Hi there,

I had another look on the richersoundsUK website and came up with this one
    Could I purchase this one through the belfast branch and how much would it cost with delivery?Located in Dublin.
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/dvd-recorders/sony/rdrdc205-mr/sony-rdrdc205
    SONY RDRDC205 MR
    Black DVD Recorder Multi-Region Playback HDD 250GB Freeview - Price with trade-in
    Last Few
    SAVE £160
    £169.95
    TSP £329.95

Thanks
    lw

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lilywhite

:D Hi Kenny,

Stock available in the following stores FYI
    Some may be ex-display or ex-repair, please phone to check stock if you are making a special journey.

Store Telephone Available Stock
    Brighton 0333 900 0039 1
    Cardiff 0333 900 0029 1
    Guildford 0333 900 0050 1
    Hanley 0333 900 0060 1
    Hull 0333 900 0059 1
    Leicester 0333 900 0043 3
    Liverpool 0333 900 0030 1
    London Bridge 0333 900 0021 1
    London Chelsea 0333 900 0027 2
    London Holborn 0333 900 0028 1
    London Kingston 0333 900 0040 1
    Manchester City Centre 0333 900 0086 1
    Manchester Prestwich 0333 900 0042 3
    Manchester Stockport 0333 900 0022 2
    Middlesbrough 0333 900 0096 1
    Milton Keynes 0333 900 0054 1
    Norwich 0333 900 0046 1
    Preston 0333 900 0080 1
    Reigate 0333 900 0081 1
    Romford 0333 900 0041 1
    Sheffield 0333 900 0034 1
    Southampton 0333 900 0036 1
    Watford 0333 900 0037 1

Product Information
    Price includes £50 trade in allowance for your old DVD/VHS.

The Sony RDR-DC205 gives you Freeview +, a DVD recorder and 250GB hard drive within a sleek case at a top value price.

At the heart of this Sony recorder is a Freeview + tuner and 250 HDD hard disk drive, giving you up to 425 hours of recording potential. Combined together it enables you to view all the latest Digital Freeview channels and record them in top quality, without the need for any blank media. Furthermore, this technology lets you pause live TV or watch the beginning of a recorded program whilst it's still being recorded - Chasing Playback. The Series Link control lets you record an entire series of TV programs at the touch of a button. In short, the Sony RDR-DC205 will do everything that a Sky Plus or similar Freeview/HDD box will do. Yet the RDR-DC205 much further.

With a DVD recorder on board you can clear away the clutter of a separate DVD player and recorder. Play back your DVDs and enjoy the highest quality output possible, thanks to upscaling to 1080p and an HDMI output. If you fancy a more permanent recording then use the DVDR to record on to DVD-R/-RW or DVD+R/+RW discs.

Making the RDRDC205 even more flexible are HD CAM and USB connections. Connect a Sony SD HDD camcorder and you can burn your video onto either the hard drive or blank disc. The USB connection is extremely flexible and allows you to connect a huge range of media products to the recorder - perfect for viewing your digital photos on TV. Indeed, with Sony Photo TV HD, you can now see your digital still images in High Definition for truly impressive results.

Styled to match the latest flat screen TVs, the smooth, gloss black lines of the RDR-DC205 hide the abundance of technology well. For added convenience the BRAVIA THEATRE SYNC connects with Sony BRAVIA TVs and home cinema systems for one-remote simplicity of operation.

Replace your Freeview box, DVD player, DVD recorder and PVR with the stylish and high performing Sony RDR-DC205. Add a TV and home cinema system and it could be all AV you'll ever need.
    HAVE YOU CONSIDERED ADDING... CAMBRIDGE AUDIO HDMI 700 1.5M
    AV INTERCONNECTS

£49.95
    More Product Info

View more
    CAMBRIDGE AUDIO PREMIUM DIGITAL 1M
    Digital Cables

£29.95
    More Product Info

View more

THIS ITEM HAS BEEN ADDED TO YOUR BASKET! BROWSE
    Podcasts
    Gift Ideas
    Student Zone
    Richer Recruits
    Richer Culture
    Richer Friends
    SUPPORT
    Contact Us
    Storefinder
    Site Map
    Delivery Info
    Privacy Policy
    Returns
    EXTRAS
    Catalogue Download
    Warranties
    Price Beat
    Installations
    Free Headphones
    VIP Club
    Corporate Sales
    Business 2 Business
    Richer Education
    Armed Forces/BFPO
    Public Services
    Insurance Quotes
    HELPFUL INFO
    FAQs
    Buying Process
    Tips
    Jargon Buster
    Interconnects
    Terms & Conditions
    ADDITIONAL INFO
    LCD TV and Plasma
    Systems
    Speakers
    HiFi
    Home Cinema
    Accessories
    Prices valid in store (all including VAT) until close of business on the date below.
    (some of these web prices are cheaper than in-store, so please mention that you've seen these offers online)

Monday 24-05-2010

Copyright © Richer Sounds PLC. 2010

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Dear Lily,

apologies for the delay getting back to you.

That Sony is not really suitable for the ROI as it only features a freeview tuner - however it is also a 'last few to clear' which means that it is now a finished line - the stock you list from the individual branches is demo stock - listed to clear - unfortunately we have already cleared the last of our dem stock on this model.

If you wanted to grab one of these demo models you would need to contact the listed branch directly as we do not transfer 'Last few/Demo' stocks between stores.

Apologies again for the inconvenience - it's getting really difficult to get a DVD/HDD at the moment - most manufacurers appear to be pulling out of this market :(

Keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.