Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boyzone - Love Is A Hurricane reaches #39 in Ireland

Options
  • 21-05-2010 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

First of all I know some people will not be interested in this thread and that is alright. Remember this is a discussion and not an argument.

Boyzone's new single 'Love Is A Hurricane' has reached #39 in the Irish singles chart and its also became the lowest single yet.

http://www.irma.ie/aucharts.asp

I was wondering what everyone else thought of this recent chart place. It is a disappointing position considering the pattern of recent chart places since the reunion tour.

Between 1993-2000 all of Boyzone's singles reached the #4 in the UK charts.

- Comeback single Love You Anyway reached #5 and became their lowest single of the time

- Better a cover of the hit by Tom Baxter in 2008 reached #22 in UK and #26 in Ireland. This was a huge blow considering it was the first single to miss the top 5, 10 and 20

- Gave It All Away the final single with Stephen Gately was an improvement. It reached #1 in Ireland and #9 in the UK

To be honest I was disappointed at the position of Love Is A Hurricane especially because it was originally established as a fan favourite from the album 'Brother'.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Lack of press? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Appropriate song title given the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,164 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I havent heard the song, but for some reason its just in my head that its to teh same tune as rollercoaster, "Love is a hurricane, you just got to ride it"

• Registered Users Posts: 86,859 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I havent heard the song, but for some reason its just in my head that its to teh same tune as rollercoaster, "Love is a hurricane, you just got to ride it"

Its from the same writer I think

I'm not a fan of the song tbh I think the first single did so well because of Steo's death (sorry if that sounds harsh but its true)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭thelastpartizan

It didn't do well because without the right marketing and advertising this kind of ****ty music doesn't stand up on its own.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Plus we're in recession and people are fed up with that sh*te. Bet if Specials' Ghost Town got released again it would go back to number one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Nolanger wrote: »
    Plus we're in recession and people are fed up with that sh*te. Bet if Specials' Ghost Town got released again it would go back to number one?

They should release that again. What a great song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Apt username OP, given the subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭palethinboy

If it's marketed properly people will by it, even if its tripe. Without the right marketing the music needs to offer something special. boyzone needs good marketing

• Registered Users Posts: 86,859 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

They had plenty press for the first single and album release as they were milking it from Steo's death the only press they have now is Ronan caught with his pin in another's ink :p

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

I'm no boyzone fan but I actually thought this was one of their best songs I have heard.

If you focus on the song itself it is pretty good IMO. Agree that is all about marketing which is why the music industry is in the state it is.

I can't fathom how there is 38 singles better than this one in the charts.

Utter **** like Lady Gaga make no1 in Ireland, shows what marketing can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I presume fans that usually buy their records didn't this time around because of Mr keating being a bold boy? Bad timing him cheating on his wife and that single coming out the same week. Big leap to go from the Top 10 to 39 so that probably has a lot to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

rovert wrote: »
    Lack of press? lol

Lack of Ronan Keating keeping his trousers on around backing singers

I think there has been a massive backlash against Ronan, the English papers have slaughtered him, and its been painted as if he has orchestrated this plan behind his wife's back to leave her and his children for months

I'll be honest, I have less appreciation for Ronan Keating then I did, and I mean as a person as opposed to a musician

Advertisement