Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If There Was A Referendum on Abortion Tomorrow, How Would You Vote?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

Its not me lying and covering up the fact i had an abortion. Im not the one pretending it didnt happen. Im not the one keeping a deep dark secret from my family because they would be ashamed of me.

Im here for the ones they dont give a dam about, the ones who dont have a voice, the ones who are sliced and diced alive inside there mommys. Im here to say they they feel pain, they are human, they have eyes, ears, nose, mouth, legs, arms, fingers, toes and a heart that beats.

So do those on death row, or in euthanasia clinics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I doubt they'll have much of an opinion about you too :D

As if i care. I already think they are as bad as murderers, you cant get much worse than that. Oh and the ones who have more than 2 abortions would be in my books like serial baby killers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Im here for the ones they dont give a dam about, the ones who dont have a voice, the ones who are sliced and diced alive inside there mommys. Im here to say they they feel pain, they are human, they have eyes, ears, nose, mouth, legs, arms, fingers, toes and a heart that beats.

If you are the only one who is 'here for them', they are fooked.....:D

Smart Bug wrote: »
    So do those on death row, or in euthanasia clinics.

so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Ayuh. There's a serious need for a study on pro-lifers & their opinions (especially the religious ones) and other misogynist views they may hold. Imo it can just seem like another reason to hate/alienate women.

Definitely. I do think there is a misogynistic religious strand behind the anti abortion protestors. Some genuinely don't agree with it, that's fair enough it's not something to sing about from the rooftops. But some are so passionate in denouncing the woman that there's something more at the core of it than a dislike of what they're doing.

• Advertisement

Its not me lying and covering up the fact i had an abortion. Im not the one pretending it didnt happen. Im not the one keeping a deep dark secret from my family because they would be ashamed of me.

Please educate yourself and stop trolling :rolleyes:

As if i care. I already think they are as bad as murderers, you cant get much worse than that. Oh and the ones who have more than 2 abortions would be in my books like serial baby killers.

you're embarrassing yourself now :D

so?

So you're quite happy to kill them, I think is the point the other poster was making

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Hazlittle

From reading that last few pages it is clear that pro-choice peoples main motivation is greed and a twisted ideology.

so?

sigh

Do we really need to roll this one out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

The ironic thing is that keeping abortion illegal probably doesn't decrease the numer of Irish woman having them.

However it does mean they are unable to have early abortions between procedure (Irish women are not allowed to have early abortions in the UK) and the added cost of travelling means the abortion happens later rather than sooner, making the actual procedure more difficult and meaning that the foetus is furthur developed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

What about a necessary abortion? Is there difference between that and infanticide in your opinion?

What do you consider as necessary? - In Irish law it is permitted in the case of medical emergencies. Something which I would be in agreement with. It is better to save one life than lose two. That's as far as it goes.
    Have you had a child? Do you know what it does to your body? Why should a woman go through this when she doesn't want to?

I've heard this line of argument before. IMO, I still defend the rights of the child to live, and I support the rights of the mother in every respect apart from in denying another person their rights.

Many women are pro-life also.

drkpower wrote: »
    If you are the only one who is 'here for them', they are fooked.....:D

Well the are many more that want them dead. Im not a one man army. I just putting down what i think, that women who abort are no worse than murders, they are the same.

Im not here to stop people getting an abortion after all its their choice, i just so happen not to agree with it and have stated why.

Some people are that into killing babies they have to pick on every comment made to make themselves look better and support the killing innocent babies, sometimes in the most horrific way (slicing and dicing).

I am well within my rights to disagree with abortion just as women are well within their rights to get an abortion (in the uk anyway).

So you're quite happy to kill them, I think is the point the other poster was making

YES!

Cant really go into the in's and out's of it as it will change the topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

If I could I'd abort Catholic Dogma, but sure, such is life.

I promise to do all in my power never to do anything that could lead to an abortion, but my actions are just as henios apparently...

Abortions for some, sun apparitions for others...

ash23 wrote: »
    The ironic thing is that keeping abortion illegal probably doesn't decrease the numer of Irish woman having them.

However it does mean they are unable to have early abortions between procedure (Irish women are not allowed to have early abortions in the UK) and the added cost of travelling means the abortion happens later rather than sooner, making the actual procedure more difficult and meaning that the foetus is furthur developed.

Poor pets, should have used a contraceptive and be thankful they didn't get AIDS instead.

Poor pets, should have used a contraceptive and be thankful they didn't get AIDS instead.

My, you've seriously got your hate on haven't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

YES!

Cant really go into the in's and out's of it as it will change the topic.

tbh honest trying to kill women (if i get you correctly) who have or procure abortions doesn't solve anything.

what needs to happen is that women are made aware of every available option to them. Abortion doesnt have to be the only choice (in fact id go so far as to say it shouldn't be one unless the baby is an absolute direct threat to the mothers life).

There are plenty of capable parents out there who would love a child but cant have one.

I think that if you blind yourself into thinking it is just a mass of cells then your taking away from the fact you are killing something. which is pretty sad. Abortion does not equal birth control. Abortion is prevention of life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Ah I love the OTT nonsense. It's hilarious.

Yes, I am down on my hands and knees every day alternating between flagellating myself for having sex and praising Jeebus that I didn't get AIDS.

Of course everyone who has had unprotected sex is careless with contraception and their sexual health. Silly little girls! :rolleyes:

Do you know the statistical likelyhood of getting AIDS (HIV) from unprotected hetrosexual vaginal intercourse?

More likely to spot a virgin in Mayo...

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »
    If I could I'd abort Catholic Dogma, but sure, such is life.

What about pro-lifers who are atheist, agnostic, Buddhist, Hindu, Jewish, Sikh, Jain, Protestant, Orthodox, Muslim, and so on?

Should we do away with every demographic of people that contain pro-lifers?

Not at all, just the extremest views, I don't advocate killing anyone!!!

Is it really "extreme" to suggest that the unborn should be allowed to live?

My, you've seriously got your hate on haven't you?

Im as much against it as you are for it.

To Refer to those that have abortions as murderers is, to enforce your beliefs on others that have no wish to share them would be to.

Jakkass wrote: »

Of course not. Depends on how you say/rationalise it of course.

Is it really "extreme" to say that people should have a choice?

And if was a suggestion that would be fine... Dictats are an entirely different matter!

Im as much against it as you are for it.

And this you know how? I haven't stated my ideas beyond my support for the right to choose.

What do you consider as necessary? - In Irish law it is permitted in the case of medical emergencies. Something which I would be in agreement with. It is better to save one life than lose two. That's as far as it goes.

I've heard this line of argument before. IMO, I still defend the rights of the child to live, and I support the rights of the mother in every respect apart from in denying another person their rights.

Many women are pro-life also.

That is what I meant by a necessary abortion, one which is necessary to save the life of the mother, or where as regards the case a couple of years ago where the child's skull hadn't properly formed. My point was, that they still abort the feotus the same way.

You didn't answer my second question

• Advertisement

I dealt with it sufficiently. It's a fallacious argument.

Advertisement