Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power problems in around Pearse/Cairns Roads.

Options
  • 22-05-2010 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

anybody know whats happening? the lights in my house are very dim and no electrical devices are working properly. its the same story for about half a kilometer around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I was just driving up the Back Avenue a few minutes ago and most of the street lights were off or flickering, I 2 ESB vans at side entrance to the racecourse and another 2 vans driving into Collery Drive, probably some sort of maintenance work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

peobably a problem with one of the phases of the 3 phase distribution system gone down.

This is probably what the ESB were repairing last night.

This sort of fault could affect a wide area but not every house.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Phew.. thought it was just me on Friday night.. had a copy of Red Dead Redemption to play on the PS3 and didn't get a chance.

It was very odd though.. everything went off for me (for about 5 seconds) about 11pm but the lights remained very dim, and every electrical device bar my TV and Sky Box was working.

Woke up about 2am and everything was fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

basquille wrote: »
    Phew.. thought it was just me on Friday night.. had a copy of Red Dead Redemption to play on the PS3 and didn't get a chance.
    Ooh Jealous! I heard the reviews for it were off the hook!

Anyway yeah I was over in a friends house around Crozon and the power was acting up a fierce amount.. Then around 1-ish I was back around the Upper Heatherview area and there was no street lights on all through Markievitz/Heatherview and the power then knocked off for a few seconds around 2 ish...

Anyone know what exactly happened? Seemed to have covered a large area of the town..

Advertisement