Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strike action is called for by the union in Teva.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Insane1

dayshah wrote: »
    If you don't play for the team you can't expect to come in for the big win.

The big win???

In my opinion, this one comment alone sums up the quality of the union, the 'intellectual prowess' of some of the yes voters and the difficultlies that I'm sure the company had in dealing with these people.

After a comment like that, is there really any need to continue this thread?Unfortunately you all doomed if this is the mentality of the majority..... It is becoming more and more difficult for me to restrain myself from making derogatory statements towards some of the people posting here....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 apointofview

As a TEVA employee, I really really appreciate that fact the TEVA chose Waterford to do business and they have helped me put a roof over my head and all the benefits that come with a very good wage, Its criminal that the Union anarchists have succeeded in brainwashing 263 people who have given the 2 fingers to these Isreali business people,I seriously question your intelligence at this reckless gamble on so many liveihoods only to inflate your own Unions egos, who hyped YOU up the anti-company spin on Sunday in the Tower, no winners here lads, Its not a 'victory' as what was said in the Tower let me tell you,

Looking at the bigger picture, its a terrible shame that Waterford cannot embraced and appreciate inward investment, This is just the latest in a long line of examples of Waterford pissing off multinationals that choose Waterford, Hang your heads in shame lads, to be honest I dont think you understand the bigger picture anyways,

The word will go around the world that Waterford is NOT the smart, clever, upstart location to invest,

The Unions have a lot to answer for also, anyone that questioned the situation at the meeting in the Tower hotel were shot down, the voting method itself was questionable, there was no independent adjudication (ie Non Company/Non Union) verification of the counts!!!!, there was individual committee influence and interference as I walked up to tick the box which was in full view of anyone.

I went in on a lovely Sunday morning with 8 weeks came out with 6 weeks, thanks very much lads, The MD and HR heads were never the ''enemy'' as YOUR Union portraited and drilled into you, they were the unfortunate middle men carrying out an instruction from the Middle East, Its all over now, thanks very much lads who voted against this super deal, you might realise someday the fatal error that has been made, the ship is taking on water very fast NOW and there is no lifeboats now...for anyone!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Blaaface

Before there's anymore namecalling or wild accusations can we see how this plays out between the company and the Union, nothing has been decided yet and hopefully it will be sorted before any strike action is needed.
    Can the doom and gloom experts give it a rest for now as we know your feelings on the matter, the votes were counted and the action is in place. Lets see where it goes from here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 manuka.1

SATCGIRL wrote: »
    I was at the meeting and like I said,there are lies and wrong-doings on both sides but the best compromise on things was the LRC recommendation. Neither party should expect to get things all their own way.

Most of the lies and wrong doings have been from the company, even they have the balls to lie to the court re; training times in inhalations. They wouldn't even sit in the same room as the union reps and negotiate, intensive talks my arse. The union are trying to find the fairest solution to this situation. Hopefully the company will do the right thing and sit down and negotiate once and for all not with a hidden agenda or delaying tactics.

Blaaface wrote: »
    Before there's anymore namecalling or wild accusations can we see how this plays out between the company and the Union, nothing has been decided yet and hopefully it will be sorted before any strike action is needed.
    Can the doom and gloom experts give it a rest for now as we know your feelings on the matter, the votes were counted and the action is in place. Lets see where it goes from here.

Agree 100%, lets wait and see what the outcome of all this is. The doom and gloom experts should just lay off for a while. There is no need to be so negative ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭19.5V

Blaaface wrote: »

At last, a leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

19.5V wrote: »
    At last, a leader.

Now 19.5V you found someone that you can follow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BloggsJ

manuka.1 wrote: »
    Agree 100%, lets wait and see what the outcome of all this is. The doom and gloom experts should just lay off for a while. There is no need to be so negative ;)
    Sorry to say this but there is nothing left to wait and see. The damage has already been done and Teva, I'm sure are already making plans to move Inhalations to another country. Id say 18-24 months left and then you'll be lucky to get statutory. Even if they cave in in the short term they wont hang around with a volatile unionised staff. Unions have ruined this country. They've ruined the public sector and now they're ruining the private sector. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

As a TEVA employee, I really really appreciate that fact the TEVA chose Waterford to do business and they have helped me put a roof over my head and all the benefits that come with a very good wage, Its criminal that the Union anarchists have succeeded in brainwashing 263 people who have given the 2 fingers to these Isreali business people,I seriously question your intelligence at this reckless gamble on so many liveihoods only to inflate your own Unions egos, who hyped YOU up the anti-company spin on Sunday in the Tower, no winners here lads, Its not a 'victory' as what was said in the Tower let me tell you,

+1

it's awful that anyone has to lose a job. I'm just praying the Union havent ballsed it up for all 700+ employees. It's just not feasible to have all the Solid Dose people over.
    The heavy Solid Dose presence on the Union committe is a disgrace also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I was at the meeting and this is exactly what happened:

The union committee were given nearly 90 minutes to stoke the fires amongst its members before the first vote, delivering speeches rammed with sarcasm and belligerence as a blatant attempt to get everyone in the room to vote NO. Never in my life have i seen such a delusional and mob-minded individual as the head of the committee who raised his fists, screamed his wishes to "not fu*k with Siptu and generally swaggered around the room, rereading company emails and Labor Court documents and twisting the words in an attempt to paint the very Company that is paying his bills as a pack of ruthless, conspiratory individuals who have nothing better to do than plot against the members of the union.:rolleyes:

The members of the union are bullies plain and simple. Yes, i know they have at times represented the members well but its only when times are tough is true character tested and they behaved like a bunch of spoilt brats who simply couldnt accept that the company may not want work-shy troublemakers (of which the tablet dept has more than its fair share, trust me) transferring their attitude to another dept. They want RID of these wasters, some of which started hiding production keys so no work could get done. And even when they were prepared to compromise, with 45 transfers and a FANTASTIC package, you threw it all back in their face for the sake of misdirected pride and wounded ego.

Face facts, TEVA is a business with several branches throughout the world. Do you honestly think that a couple of radical, bullying union men will change the fate of this company? You dont seem to understand that in the blink of an eye, the MD in Israel can wipe this site off the map as a result of all this industrial unrest and then where will you be? Marching with placards outside an empty building because your thoughless campaign got the whole company closed down. Just as i always suspected, unions do more harm than good, its been proved over and over and over and over again with the closure and premature closure of multinationals both here and abroad. You should have taken the money and run, you are losing jobs anyway, but instead you sealed the fate of the other employees, some of which were hissed away when asking the unions questions which didnt "toe the party line" as such. Shame the majority of you who voted NO havent an ounce of bloody common sense.

Look outside the mob and see the bigger picture, and then realise its too late.

Well done, unions, see you all on the dole line :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Take a break..........you dont even work there........... so why do you feel the approach to be hostile

Do you need someone to help you read all the other posts or do you just follow me around?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 justen

Can any one of you explain what you have voted for and the risks involved?

How much more money do you want?
    How many more transfers would be required?
    If 9 months hasn't resolved it do you think a strike will?
    What concessions have been made by both sides?
    Who is more likely to see it out to the bitter end?
    Based on the ruling below who is closer to its requests?
    Who negotiated the current deal?

And one more question.
    Q. Is anyone who is going to loose their jobs at Teva prepared to go for less than what the company offered?

A. IMHO no (then why did you give it away)

BloggsJ wrote: »
    Sorry to say this but there is nothing left to wait and see. The damage has already been done and Teva, I'm sure are already making plans to move Inhalations to another country. Id say 18-24 months left and then you'll be lucky to get statutory. Even if they cave in in the short term they wont hang around with a volatile unionised staff. Unions have ruined this country. They've ruined the public sector and now they're ruining the private sector. :mad:

Sorry, guess you have been talking to Eran Katz in Israel and he has filled you in on his plans for the future :rolleyes:

There is certainly a difference in "doom and gloom" and reality. The union are small players trying to out-play a multinational organization that is over 100 years old and have plants situated all over the world!! Communism is gone...(unionized) Waterford needs to wake up and smell the roses!!!

I was at the meeting and this is exactly what happened:

The union committee were given nearly 90 minutes to stoke the fires amongst its members before the first vote, delivering speeches rammed with sarcasm and belligerence as a blatant attempt to get everyone in the room to vote NO. Never in my life have i seen such a delusional and mob-minded individual as the head of the committee who raised his fists, screamed his wishes to "not fu*k with Siptu and generally swaggered around the room, rereading company emails and Labor Court documents and twisting the words in an attempt to paint the very Company that is paying his bills as a pack of ruthless, conspiratory individuals who have nothing better to do than plot against the members of the union.:rolleyes:

The members of the union are bullies plain and simple. Yes, i know they have at times represented the members well but its only when times are tough is true character tested and they behaved like a bunch of spoilt brats who simply couldnt accept that the company may not want work-shy troublemakers (of which the tablet dept has more than its fair share, trust me) transferring their attitude to another dept. They want RID of these wasters, some of which started hiding production keys so no work could get done. And even when they were prepared to compromise, with 45 transfers and a FANTASTIC package, you threw it all back in their face for the sake of misdirected pride and wounded ego.

Face facts, TEVA is a business with several branches throughout the world. Do you honestly think that a couple of radical, bullying union men will change the fate of this company? You dont seem to understand that in the blink of an eye, the MD in Israel can wipe this site off the map as a result of all this industrial unrest and then where will you be? Marching with placards outside an empty building because your thoughless campaign got the whole company closed down. Just as i always suspected, unions do more harm than good, its been proved over and over and over and over again with the closure and premature closure of multinationals both here and abroad. You should have taken the money and run, you are losing jobs anyway, but instead you sealed the fate of the other employees, some of which were hissed away when asking the unions questions which didnt "toe the party line" as such. Shame the majority of you who voted NO havent an ounce of bloody common sense.

Look outside the mob and see the bigger picture, and then realise its too late.

Well done, unions, see you all on the dole line :rolleyes:

If this is true and some of the other posts I've read about the meeting then the legality of the vote should be questioned in court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Its 100% true. The unions didnt want anybody there to question them on anything and every speech was followed by roaring applause and naturally enough the NO vote was passed. Even worse, many members came back for the result with a few drinks in them and were fuelled up to fight. I can understand their frustration but acting like sheep and rejecting a deal which really cant be beated in terms of financial benefit is just stupid.

Gadgie wrote: »
    Nypro closed because their sole customer, Hewlett Packard, decided to move some of their business abroad and reduce their Irish operations.

The lack of a union had nothing to do with it.

Quiet right on how it lost its business,

but pisspoor redundancy as there were no union and no voice

Yes Boss wrote: »
    Do you need someone to help you read all the other posts or do you just follow me around?:rolleyes:

Excrement agitator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SATCGIRL

Sorry, guess you have been talking to Eran Katz in Israel and he has filled you in on his plans for the future :rolleyes:
    Well we'll get to hear what Eran has to say tomorrow maybe. He's coming for a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 urhavinalaugh

Its 100% true. The unions didnt want anybody there to question them on anything and every speech was followed by roaring applause and naturally enough the NO vote was passed. Even worse, many members came back for the result with a few drinks in them and were fuelled up to fight. I can understand their frustration but acting like sheep and rejecting a deal which really cant be beated in terms of financial benefit is just stupid.

So people were fueled up from drink ,i most have been at a different hotel ,the bar opened and people bought some drink ,i saw no knocking back any drink to incite a fight ,its called unwinding from a stressful situation.:confused:

Try it sometime you might even enjoy it !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Blaaface

So people were fueled up from drink ,i most have been at a different hotel ,the bar opened and people bought some drink ,i saw no knocking back any drink to incite a fight ,its called unwinding from a stressful situation.:confused:

Agree 100%, another wild accusation on this thread sadly.

Nice to see that you can be so blase when you and another 700+ people are about to lose their jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Personally I think the union are playing a very dangerous game here. One, I feel, will not turn out well. But I'm no psychic and anything can happen so I will reserve final judgement.

But no matter what your personal view is, the fact remains that the union members have voted so all involved have no choice but to wait and see how this all turns out now.

If there are doubts about the validity of the vote, then that's another matter which should be followed up by those concerned.

However I think that there is no use in non-employees of Teva debating whether or not the 'No' vote should have one, or the behavior of the union, or their views on unions in general. It will do no good, especially to those that may be losing their jobs. Of course employees should be entitled to their opinion but the rest of us might be better off staying out of this.

Anyway, I wish all involved well and hope an agreement can be reached before anyone has to strike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 apointofview

I was there in the Tower Hotel and as an Inhalations employee, I witnessed what I witnessed which may possibly be illegal.

The voting method itself was legally questionable, there was NO independent adjudication for the verification of the counts, ie, there was NO Non TEVA/Non Union person had not been assigned to oversee the process to verify that all procedures were correctly followed.

There was individual Union committee interference and influence as I walked up with my ballot paper to tick the YES box which was in full view of anyone if they wanted to see that I was voting YES.''

There was NO Polling Stations, NO screens to stand behind to cast your vote in secret.

Based on this and what I witnesssed, the vote result could be declared ''Null and Void'' form a legal point of view in court,

That will be our ONLY opportunity to go back and vote again and correct this terrible mistake...

I agree fully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Quiet right on how it lost its business,

but pisspoor redundancy as there were no union and no voice

Four weeks ex-gratia plus two statutory isn't bad - probably more than the Teva employees will get now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bride ofjune

I think it should be done again also their was no privacy whatsoever while making our Votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sikie

If the strike proceeds you need to be sure that standing outside the plant is not a fast track for to allow plant closure. How long would Teva's overseas management leave people on the road and why would they not leave people outside until the union accepts their terms. This is very damaging to the image of Waterford and its ability to attract new FDI to replace these jobs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

its another sad day... when we see good people been railroad by mindless union reps... who are so backwards in their thinkin that their knuckles drag on the ground....

IMo the unions will result now in all employees of teva losing out financially, putting a black mark on waterford for future investments by teva and other multinational companies.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Ok guys and girls, I have been following this thread with great interest since the start and I can appreciate both sides of this, I myself am a union member in a factory not to far from ye and am conscious of the effect of the outcome of this dispute can have on other multi-nationals around our city.

I am going to refrain from giving an opinion on this dispute, but all I will ask of ye is to keep things civil and respect others views even if you totally disagree with it, remember everybody on here has his or her own agenda and each and everyone of ye are only thinking about your own situation. No one can blame ye fir this.

There has be one or two reports about whether this thread should remain open or should it be closed, I happy to leave it run for the moment, but any signs of personal abuse will result in the thread been closed and bans been issued.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement