Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGU 1x18 "Subversion" **SPOILERS**

Options
  • 22-05-2010 4:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Thought this one was pretty good. I can feel the series building to a great climax. Good to see a bit of the old SG1 humour. Even if it was only miniscule.

What did you think? 60 votes

Great
    0%
    Good
    55%
    suttybkehoeStokolan[Deleted User]gammaSherifuTar.AldarionTonyD79KazumaThe GnomeTheIrishGrovercotwolddemanjohnnysmackcurrymanRoomic CubeOverhealEvoluteThorFunglegunk 33 votes
    Average
    41%
    VenomD-GenerateMantelMemnochIvanPugsleyPepe LeFritsthe-gingKiithRon DMC5starpoolBlowfishConor108FreudianSlippersdaturaSmythNiskaBajingoJames74TheKells 25 votes
    Bad
    3%
    Auvershelimachoptor 2 votes
    Terrible
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Good
    I quite enjoyed it, back to a nice pace after the last episode...pity I'm entirely out of the loop of SG continuity, no idea what this weird alliance are, must read up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Good
    The lucian alliance iirc are a bunch of crooks who took advantage of all the swag the goa'uld left behind when they fell apart.

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Lucian_Alliance

amazing how fast the geeks have added in a quote from Rush. I havent even watched it on DVR yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Good
    Great ep, really liked it. Cant wait to see how the 3 part story arc plays out and what the cliffhanger is gonna be. Was nice to Jakson and O'Neill on screen together. Hope we see more of that.

Great acting all round and I like the whole knowen SG1 aspect put into this kind of show. It adds a nice pace to it. Bring on the next two weeks I say.

Then nothing till October :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Average
    I thought it was going to be a slow episode but I liked it..can't wait to see the next episode..Rush is going to have a whopper headache when he gets back!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Good
    REALLY liked that episode. Nice setup for the last couple of eps and arc for S2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Good
    I thought it was pretty good glad to see something interesting is happening regardless of it being on Destiny or not.
    Things are getting good though I can't wait for the next few episodes although its gonna be a kick in the teeth of a cliffhanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Average
    "I know what makes me special" lolz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Average
    I enjoyed the episode, i like that the Lucian Alliance brought up the fact that they are human also and have just as much of a claim on Destiny has earth does.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Good
    They dont really. Anyway Telford is plainly brainwashed thinking that.

Great Episode. Very cool to see how SG1 has moved on from being that maverick team to In Charge of fcuking everything.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Average
    I liked this episode. I presume this is the main story for the last couple of episode as well. What I would like to know though is why this Lucien alliance are so interested in Destiny? If they know so much about it, surely they know that Rush et al have no control over it in any meaningful way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Average
    Overheal wrote: »
    They dont really.

Of course they do, all humans in the milky way are descendants of the Ancients which settled on Earth. In the Lucian Alliance case they would of been descendants of slaves taken from Earth by Gou'ld.

Why should Earth have authority over all humans?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Good
    Excellent episode. Can't wait till next week.

BTW, has RDA got a back problem? He seemed to be walking badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Average
    They dont really. Anyway Telford is plainly brainwashed thinking that.

Great Episode. Very cool to see how SG1 has moved on from being that maverick team to In Charge of fcuking everything.

Maybe but who replaced them? SG-2?! Pfft!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Yep, very good episode. Initially I feared it would be like one of those poor Trust episodes that plagued the latter seasons of SG1 but this was actually a very good use of the communication stones and tied up two hanging plot lines.

I did wonder how much Young enjoyed beating up Telford-in-Rush? I mean he got to batter the two people he dislikes the most. And just how far is he willing to push this o2 supply? Because I'd believe he'd go all the way unless he was stopped.

Speaking of people stopping him - at what point will Brody and Volkner get into the main cast? They're in nearly every episode and get as much screen time as some of the credited regulars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Good
    Very good episode but someone needs to punch Lt Scott. Seems like Greer is the only person that can actually follow orders.

Great to have the oldies in it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

ixoy wrote: »
    Speaking of people stopping him - at what point will Brody and Volkner get into the main cast? They're in nearly every episode and get as much screen time as some of the credited regulars.

by about season 3...

I figure itl be like bsg, the background characters are fixed features which gives the small population more believability, then depending on story requirements, some of those characters get fleshed out while some of them just make for good continuity.

like felix in bsg, he had almost nothing to do in the early days of bsg but by season 4 he was throwing plenty of dramatic weight around, while racetrack was always there and got plenty of screentime but never became pivotal at all to my memory. (not counting her last scene)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭token56

Good
    Definitely a great episode, really enjoyed seeing a bit of the old SG-1 humour in there too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Bad
    Average, i was expecting a LOT better, all too predictable

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Average
    Thought it was good... glad to see something finally coming together story wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

amazing how fast the geeks have added in a quote from Rush. I havent even watched it on DVR yet.

Ironic!

Personally, I think that was the best episode yet. It had everything, the way the fight broke out, Grear came running and to break it up only to be told to get out was well done - "now where were we?".

Everybody wants a piece of sweet Destiny ass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭GarethWA

Average
    Still a little bit annoyed they haven't made a mention of where the ship is right now, and how long it took to cross the galaxy void...
    Would've thought they would save that as a big thing, first planet in the new galaxy and all that... but they spoiled it at the end of 'pain'

Solid episode! Thought they could have finished it with more suspense, but overall a good improvement! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Average
    Looks good!

There are also a ton of scenes from Incursion part 1 & 2 I found when I went to get that. Apparently already aired in Ukraine??:eek::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Good
    good episode imo. was a bit lost on the Lucian alliance stuff (Universe is the first stargate series i'm watching) but otherwise it was a class episode.

pity that there was no sign of Lt Boobs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Good
    Finally someone competent enough to add a poll this week :pac:

Great episode really. Good to finally have a bad guy to hate. Those pesky Lucian alliance are back and the traitor Telford :mad:

Daniel & Jack stole the scenes they were in. Superb stuff.

Hope they set this arc up properly for season 2.

5/5

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Good
    Loved this episode. The set up for the finale is great now. Is anyone else thinking that they'll connect to Destiny via this new planet and Rush/Telford will go through. Possibly some others along with him. ??

Can't wait to see what's gonna happen now.

Average
    Conor108 wrote: »
    There are also a ton of scenes from Incursion part 1 & 2 I found when I went to get that. Apparently already aired in Ukraine??:eek::confused:

Yeah, but only in Russian, or so i've been told. Really jumped the gun there!
    Trying to stay clear of those vids!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Average
    Oh btw I hear SGU is on a break now? Probably won't get to see the last 2 until after the leaving so :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Good
    Episode 19 is on june 4th and episode 20 (the finale) is on june 11th according to wikipedia

crap. for some reason, i thought next week was the finale, and i could get my brother to dl it. now i'll have to wait ages to download it cos i've sh*t broadband at home (usually download it in college)

MAD :mad:

Average
    Conor108 wrote: »
    Oh btw I hear SGU is on a break now? Probably won't get to see the last 2 until after the leaving so :(

There's only 1 week off, then Incursion Pt1 on June 4th, and Pt2 on June 11th:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

Average
    Any episode with rhona mitra in it is a good episode :):):)

Advertisement