Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGU 1x18 "Subversion" **SPOILERS**

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Can someone tell me why they even want to get onto the destiny? At this stage they konw how far away it is and know there isn't anyway back from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Good
    ancient technology. chance to explore the universe. Lt. James's boobs

where do i sign? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Average
    Peace wrote: »
    At this stage they konw how far away it is and know there isn't anyway back from it.

I imagine there'll be a bit of a fight and then Lucian Alliance will be integrated into the Icarus base crew a lá the Maquis in ST Voyager :rolleyes:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Average
    whiteman19 wrote: »
    ancient technology. chance to explore the universe. Lt. James's boobs

where do i sign? :D
    FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

Good
    Enjoyed that now I have to say, looked like Greer was laughing when he was kicking Telford's head in!

Enjoyed the bit of Jacks humour too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

I enjoyed the episode, i like that the Lucian Alliance brought up the fact that they are human also and have just as much of a claim on Destiny has earth does.

When you consider the multiple different ways that the countless other human inhabited worlds developed, and from what we are shown in SG1, Earth is the most advanced (technologically and socially) of humans. The only other Human races that I can remember were more advanced than Earth were the tolans and the Aschen. The tolans we are led to believe were destroyed and teh aschen, due to the altered timeline lay undiscovered.

The lucian alliance are defined when we first meet them as a band of mercenaries who grouped together to take advantage of the power vacuum left in the absence of the Goauld. The guy in this episode who threatens to kill rush is the same as the bounty hunter in the episode of SG1 "Bounty".

Now in the SG1 episode "The fifth race" Thor tells us that the the Asgard have been watching earth (not every human race) for a long time and that buy figuring out how to contact the Asgard they have taken the first steps to becoming the fifth race. This ideal is then finalised in the finale "Unending" where Thor tells us that the humans of earth are the fifth race. He specifically specifies that that is the humans of earth and not of the whole galaxy. the Asgard then entrust all historical records of their race aswell as there technology so as to act as protectors of the galaxy.

It is for this reason that the Lucan Alliance do not hold as valid a claim to destiny or any ancient tech as Earth do. Especially as the destiny mission for earth is driven by a quest for knowledge and not by a thirst for valuable commodities and technological gains as is portrayed to us by the writers concerning the Lucian Alliance.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Bad
    Super post there brown acid, also thanks for the mention of the bounty hunter guy, i couldn't remember what episode he was in!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

He is in another one aswell but not as the bounty hunter I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Average
    brownacid wrote: »
    When you consider the multiple different ways that the countless other human inhabited worlds developed, and from what we are shown in SG1, Earth is the most advanced (technologically and socially) of humans. The only other Human races that I can remember were more advanced than Earth were the tolans and the Aschen. The tolans we are led to believe were destroyed and teh aschen, due to the altered timeline lay undiscovered.

The lucian alliance are defined when we first meet them as a band of mercenaries who grouped together to take advantage of the power vacuum left in the absence of the Goauld. The guy in this episode who threatens to kill rush is the same as the bounty hunter in the episode of SG1 "Bounty".

Now in the SG1 episode "The fifth race" Thor tells us that the the Asgard have been watching earth (not every human race) for a long time and that buy figuring out how to contact the Asgard they have taken the first steps to becoming the fifth race. This ideal is then finalised in the finale "Unending" where Thor tells us that the humans of earth are the fifth race. He specifically specifies that that is the humans of earth and not of the whole galaxy. the Asgard then entrust all historical records of their race aswell as there technology so as to act as protectors of the galaxy.

It is for this reason that the Lucan Alliance do not hold as valid a claim to destiny or any ancient tech as Earth do. Especially as the destiny mission for earth is driven by a quest for knowledge and not by a thirst for valuable commodities and technological gains as is portrayed to us by the writers concerning the Lucian Alliance.

The relationship between the Asgard and Earth is completely different to the 1 with the Ancients. Humans all over the galaxy would of descended from them and some would have the Ancient Gene. Why should Earth have claim over all Ancient relics?

Average
    Super post there brown acid, also thanks for the mention of the bounty hunter guy, i couldn't remember what episode he was in!

He is a few different episodes.

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Ruslan_Chernovshev

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Odai_Ventrell

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Kiryk

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Varro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,474 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Good
    What about that other bounty hunter from SG1? with the cool visor? the cloaked ship? the grenades?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Average
    New-ish Kino episodes to fill the break....

Average
    Overheal wrote: »
    What about that other bounty hunter from SG1? with the cool visor? the cloaked ship? the grenades?

Found him, Aris Boch. He only did the 1 episode and niether him or his race where mentioned again.

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Aris_Boch

Always thought he looked like Don Johnson

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Good
    Rhona Mitra!!!!!

Advertisement