Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS- CCSVI in Dublin

Options
  • 22-05-2010 5:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

They are scaning for CCSVI in a clinic in Blackrock now http://www.ultrasound.ie/ccsvi.html. Anyone had it done. I know there is no treatment here but wondering if anyone had a scan?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yes several people I know have had ultrasound done there. Reports are good. No treatment yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

There is a Facebook page run by a guy in Dublin with MS which you may find useful:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/dreaMS/129633328646

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Shtanto

I'm going to see if they'll treat me for CCSVI up in the hermitage clinic. The blackrock clinic might work too. Folks go for risky plastic surgery all the time. This isn't nearly as bad. And the fact that it might help with the MS is incidental at this point. It's a good thing the neurologists are such a tight clique - they'll never hear about any of this. Hopefully I can get it off the ground.

Do neurologists even check boards.ie? It'd be better not to get their hackles up. Charcot called MS a vascular condition when it was discovered so I'm going to see if the vhi will pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Well, I've had examinations by two of the top neurologists in Ireland, and both were clearly aware of the CCSVI claim well over a year ago. The issue is not one of awareness, it's one of medical caution. The use of stents as a treatment for MS is not proven, and there are good reasons to be cautious.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Shtanto

I'm not a fan of stents. Primum non nocere is the Doctors' favourite. Besides, the stents used were for arteries, not veins. You need conical stents for veins and we're not there yet.

Balloons are safer, no doubt about that. Many of the tools needed for the job aren't available yet

• Advertisement
Advertisement