Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky News ditches the weather (well a bit)!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

BOO!!!!! Francis is a legend. His passion for weather is obvious when he's on,he could talk for half an hour about the weather if allowed to. Sad times.:(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

That's a real shame. I just loved the quirky nature his forecasts and his manner.

Opportune thread to post this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPIn-jdo24Q

Everytime I wacth this it never fails to make me laugh!

I'll miss the nod to Dumfries and Galloway in every broadcast. Don't know why but he always mentions them?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 krobo

Thank you for that LL, they were hilarious. He was a true pro indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

And he was one of the only ones to mention Dublin or Cork or anywhere in Ireland other than the North in his forecasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

lord lucan wrote: »
    BOO!!!!! Francis is a legend. His passion for weather is obvious when he's on,he could talk for half an hour about the weather if allowed to. Sad times.:(

Ah well, at least we still have our Gerry!

114736.jpg

"We can expect" ;)

Ah well, at least we still have our Gerry!

LOL. The reason i've always watched SKY's weather is that they are usually pretty accurate and as noted above they mention the whole island of Ireland.

It also helps that they have Lisa Burke and Lucy Verasamy!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

As Gerry Murphy would saywith his left arm robortically swaying to the map "we can expect difficult times for weather forecasters" we can expect tough economic times" and we can expect 25c Sunday but since Im saying the forecast we can expect cold crap weather next week"

Wheres our Jean? Or would there be a blizzard and a leather dress if she spoke?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Hey DE How come he has 14c in red in Co Clare? Surely thats not a roasting several degrees above normal figure or has someone in clare left their refridgerator door open and the temperature of it has shot up?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

yet another reason to dislike Murdoch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

pauldry wrote: »
    Hey DE How come he has 14c in red in Co Clare? Surely thats not a roasting several degrees above normal figure or has someone in clare left their refridgerator door open and the temperature of it has shot up?:confused:

Just spotted that now :eek:. Maybe Wolfire has a big fan on or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Just spotted that now :eek:. Maybe Wolfire has a big fan on or something?

Prob meant to be 24 . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Does this mean no more Lucy Versamy:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

fryup wrote: »

Hopefully she will be saved, That Jo always stands in front of Ireland for some reason, get rid of her instead please ;)

fryup wrote: »

I reckon Lucy,Lisa and Isobel will be kept on.Lucy is their golden girl,came in while Lisa was on maternity leave and became the new favourite. I can see Jo,Sarah and Francis hitting the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Maybe he could get a job with the RTE crew :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

In all honesty Lucy couldn't present the weather to save her life...she'e only there as eye candy

Advertisement