Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs players at the World Cup (merged thread)

Options
  • 22-05-2010 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭

As the title says,

I have never watched a finals where I didn't want to see England loose but with having it in for France this year and the few spurs players in the England set-up I just don't have it in me to dislike them this year.

Big big moment for me:)

I even have €50 on them to reach the semi's

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭murraymarmalade

yeah. come on engerland! better chance of getting to the semis if they leave the yid players on the bench though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I'm supporting them because I'm English.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Jesus,

I wish Ireland were in it, but I gotta make do with having an interest of not wanting teams to win.

I might also point out Kold my previous hatred of the English football team isn't that Nationalist bollix or against English people, over the years they have just a large number of **** playing for them including gazza, shearer, Rooney, Cole, and players who I don't like for my own crazy reasons like Beckham.

The press coverage also drives me insane but they are no different over here TBF

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DJ Defoe

I shall be supporting England seeing as i was born in London! Should be a good WC and ive already booked 2 weeks off work for it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

ziedth wrote: »
    I might also point out Kold my previous hatred of the English football team isn't that Nationalist bollix or against English people, over the years they have just a large number of **** playing for them including gazza, shearer, Rooney, Cole, and players who I don't like for my own crazy reasons like Beckham.

The press coverage also drives me insane but they are no different over here TBF

Ha, well they're all players from their respective teams that I actually like/d (bar Cashley). And how could you not like Gazza when he was playing? I think the media thing is a poor excuse, it's more than easy to not watch the channels or read the tabloids. I dislike certain country's teams (Portugal spring to mind), so it's not that much of a bother. It's when I wear my England jersey out and I get eyed up that gets on my nerves. Thinking of getting the red one with either Lennon/Defoe/Dawson/King on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I won't be shouting for them but I won't be shouting against them either,simply because I don't want to be a hypocrite supporting an English team all season and then hoping some of the same players you support Lose because they're playing for England.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'm supporting nobody but I'd like to see all the Spurs players do well, and come back injury free.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Has to be Argentina. Car crash soap opera- may go home after three straight defeats, or may win the thing. SInce 1974, my 1st cup, when I supported Holland, it's always been either Italy or Argentina for me- so much talent, so flugged up. Always have a soft spot for England, tbh, whats to hate really. All that tabloid bollix about players- people are people, they're just a collection of young lads, albeit with vast wads of money

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I'm supporting nobody but I'd like to see all the Spurs players do well, and come back injury free.

+1

Looking forward to hopefully watching some exciting games but overall I just want to see our lads come back injury free and fighting fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Really hope Ledley does well if he makes the 23, and hope all our other lads do well too obviously.

Will have a few bob on Spain for the interest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll support England until the final, then i'll support whoever they are playing. They still havent shut up about winning it in '66, imagine how bad it will be with the likes of Terry and Ferdinand.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭larry1

Kiith wrote:
    I'll support England until the final, then i'll support whoever they are playing. They still havent shut up about winning it in '66, imagine how bad it will be with the likes of Terry and Ferdinand.[/QUOTE

ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DJ Defoe

Kiith wrote: »
    I'll support England until the final, then i'll support whoever they are playing. They still havent shut up about winning it in '66, imagine how bad it will be with the likes of Terry and Ferdinand.

No i think you will find thats West Ham!!!!!! There bloody supporters are always saying that they won the World Cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

i wont support them but ill watch probably every match they play!!!

not sure if that makes any sense!!!

i will hope all the spurs players do well no matter what country they are playing for or against. really hope dawson gets a run. think he deserves it more than most players. he was outstanding this yr.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I'll be supporting Argentina like I always do (when we don't qualify).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Nickthebubble

I'm English so i guess at some point i will support half our team, i strruggle to support the likes of terry and cole though

Here here,

If steven Ireland ce back and single handedly won us the world cup I still wouldn't shout for the little prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

I follow Spurs cos I was born there but I'm 100% Irish, would never support England. 1990 was perfect World Cup for me as Lineker scored 4 and Gazza was Englands best player. I was hoping for a German win yet hoping the Spurs lads would do well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 paddyspurs

i dont really think it makes a difference. England will do well any way, as they normally do for a team consisting of decent players(not grea playerst like some people think they are). Spain will win it, without a doubt! But i would be a hypocrite if i want them to lose. GO THE SPURS (players)!!!

• Advertisement

I see England struggling, the old left side problem has been there for years (shame Bale aint English) ;o)

same old trying to get gerrard and lampard in the team...

Ferdinand suspect (look at bayern goal)

Rooney gets injured?

spain, argies,dutch, italians... the list goes on... all way better equipped than England

I have England strolling to the semis TBH but will find it very tough from there, they have a very easy run if all results go as they should in the games that effect them

I'd be surprised if we get that far mate, but the st george/THFC flag would be flying high should that happen ;o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 TheYid

Kiith wrote: »
    And what would the reaction be if Ireland won it? We wouldn't stop talking about it for years either.

True,

Will still go on about euro 88 but the difference is we have re "irish" papers telling about how "we" won the world cup in 66

hahaha... Ireland win the WC... hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

i will support no one and enjoy the tournament as a neutral, but ive got 50 lids on england to win as good a chance as they have ever had to win it.

I think there is great value in the each way bet for top scorer TBH.

Is it looking like that Crouch will start? Last I looked he was 100-1 that's 25-1 for coming top 5. Seems decent enough if he starts and grabs a few in the group stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I won't be supporting England but I don't want them to lose either.

I can't love an English club and hate England at the same time - this makes no sense what so ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I can't love an English club and hate England at the same time - this makes no sense what so ever.

Correct, but think of the amount of people in this country that do support english clubs and mouth off about hating England :rolleyes:

Advertisement