Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs players at the World Cup (merged thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Lads, I've merged the two World Cup threads into this one, we have a few other lads in squads over there such as dos Santos, Bassong, Ekotto, Gomes, and Wilson. Plus a few old boys...Zokora, Lee, Carrick, Reto Zielger...worth keeping an eye out for them.

Try to keep the thread focused on Spurs as well, there's a soccer forum for general world cup talk.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Wilson could be out now after injurying his shine in a friendly.

Wilson could be out now after injurying his shine in a friendly.

Balls, would have liked to see him play.

I have been worried about him recently he isn't playing as well as he can and toward the end of last season gave away so many peno's hope he can get back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Dawson should be ahead of Upson and Carragher imo. Carragher has experience but is far too liable to drag people down. Dawson only ever really does professional fouls.

• Advertisement

Actually lads, there's a couple of players worth keeping an eye on who we might meet in the CL qualifier:

Cameroon

Landry N'Guémo (Celtic)

Chile

Pablo Contreras (PAOK)

Greece

Kostas Chalkias (PAOK)
    Stelios Malezas (PAOK)
    Georgios Samaras (Celtic)

Italy

Angelo Palombo (Sampdoria)
    Giampaolo Pazzini (Sampdoria)

Ivory Coast

Seydou Doumbia (Young Boys Bern)

Netherlands

Edson Braafheid (Celtic)

Nigeria

Ayila Yussuf (Dynamo Kiev)

Portugal

Eduardo (Porto)

Serbia

Miloš Ninković (Dynamo Kiev)

Slovenia

Valter Birsa (Auxerre)
    Marko Šuler (Gent)
    Zlatan Ljubijankič (Gent)

South Korea

Ki Sung-Yong (Celtic)

Switzerland

Stéphane Grichting (Auxerre)
    Marco Padalino (Sampdoria)
    Reto Ziegler (Sampdoria)
    Marco Wölfli (Young Boys Bern)

Uruguay

Diego Lugano (Fenerbahce)

That should keep you busy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd say there are more spurs players in the England team then spurs fans in Waterford :)

Just ordered my England away with Lennon on the back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

Kold wrote: »
    Just ordered my England away with Lennon on the back :D

Is that John or Yoko?;)

Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

ziedth wrote: »
    I'd say there are more spurs players in the England team then spurs fans in Waterford :)
    You'd be surprised, I'm a fan since 1981 and over the years have come across plenty in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Nickthebubble

cant see crouch getting many, and watching him week in week out cant imagine capello will go down the redknapp route of dawson launching it every time... or can i...?:eek:

Gio looked lively yesterday. One of the better players on the pitch. Had a great shot blocked.

I was just about to post that, he looked the best by a mile.

Gio has the ability to be one of the best but his attitude doesn't seem to be great especially his first season last season he was unlucky with injuries and then got shipped off to gala.

Felt sorry for the lads yesterday but I did seriously LOL at the head of beckham after the US goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

capello has to make big changes

id have lampard and huddlestone in the centre and gerrard playing off rooney but he decided to bring an injured gareth barry, even though when spurs went to city tom was far superior to barry.

looks like dawson will get a game now even though he was left at home last week. carraghar was embarrassing when he came on

I'm delighted for carragher TBH he threw his toys out of the pram years ago when King got picked ahead of him and still got to go this time while other players have slogged it out for years and can't go. Look at Dawson who only could go cause of injury!

I think they won't beat ghana at this rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Nickthebubble

now Ledley is dead we're ****ed (especially if they persist with carragher)

awful game the other night will only be forgotten after the next two wins (which I think will be a struggle) before getting knocked out...

I feel so bad for Ledley,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

its tough for him but he has to accept his limitations. it was a risk taking him in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Watched highlights of the Honduras game - Wilson seems to be still doing his clumsy tackling thing. Hope his form picks up for the new season.

Wilson seemingly got a yellow for nothing in that game.

Hope that daws gets his chance now with carragher out for the next match

England def have a better chance without him IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

i only like when defoe scores for spurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

Harry was quizzed about the Japanese striker Honda last night on the BBC panel after the match. Shearer was saying he should try sign him up. Harry then explained to the lads that they had been keeping an eye on him and had talks with CSKA about a possible transfer. He said that they wanted do a swap deal with Bentley. Then he says that Levy wouldnt go for that because "ya cant swap a Bentley for an 'Onda"

3/10

The Braga keeper had a massive game for Portugal tonight, he looks a decent player in fairness.

• Advertisement

So is Gomes the only Spurs player left? Could have a WC winner in goal next season :)

Advertisement