Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bus from town stops nearest Tivoli Industrial Estate ?

• 22-05-2010 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭

Hey guys girlfriend has a interview down there monday , just wondering what bus stops nearest the tivoli industrial estate/silversprings from the city centre or wilton ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

Hey guys girlfriend has a interview down there monday , just wondering what bus stops nearest the tivoli industrial estate/silversprings from the city centre or wilton ?
    Thanks

nr 8 as far as i know. It goes up to mayfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

There is a Tivoli bus, apparently. The timetable is a bit on the skimpy side though. So unless those times suit the 5 or the 8 are the next best.

Got the maps here: Cork City Bus Routes
    Timetables: 5 and 8

Best of luck with the interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭robbeardsley

pretty sure the orbital goes up around mayfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 toughbuttfair

The 11 goes down that direction, but the service is virtually non-existent. Your best bet would be to go to the bus station and get one of the suburban services, as most will stop in Tivoli. These would include the Midleton, Hazelwood, Knockraha or Sarsfields Court sevices.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

The Midleton, Fermoy, Glanmire, Youghal etc buses all pass there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

FTGFOP wrote: »
    There is a Tivoli bus, apparently. The timetable is a bit on the skimpy side though. So unless those times suit the 5 or the 8 are the next best.

Got the maps here: Cork City Bus Routes
    Timetables: 5 and 8

Best of luck with the interview!

5 doesn't stop out by Silversprings, doesn't travel near it at all - thats the UCC, FAS, CIT service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Stark

There used to be a no. 8 stop here: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=51.910425&mlon=-8.428316&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF . Not sure if there it's still there though, I think they might have removed it. There's another stop just before it across from the Garda station though. It's a downhill walk from there to Silversprings Hotel/Tivoli industrial estate and you can get it from Wilton shopping centre (route here: http://www.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=103164834730537902397.00047b4d34e6b3d17d890&ll=51.896649,-8.473592&spn=0.018696,0.043731&z=15). The no. 11 brings you much closer to the industrial estate but the service is far less regular.

By the way, the no. 8 service, while one of the "better" Cork city services isn't the most reliable so make sure you give yourself plenty of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

5 doesn't stop out by Silversprings, doesn't travel near it at all - thats the UCC, FAS, CIT service

It goes up to the train station, but yeah, the #8 is better by a mile (literally). The difference between them didn't seem so big when I first looked at the route maps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The 8 goes both from Wilton and the centre of town to Mayfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Would anybody know from experience what time the 7.05 bus from bishoptown would arrive in mayfield?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

7.30 very earliest, 7.45 very latest.

Thanks much appreciated:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

if you get the bus to mayfield you'l have to walk down silversprings hill !!

No shit... You know of a better option?

Id say try that glanmire/riverstown service,that passes the lower road

does it actually stop on the lower road??

not sure but id say the driver would let ya off

The Tivoli service was already suggested in the thread. The problem is it only operates three times a day with the first bus at 9:45 so wouldn't be suitable. The OP hasn't mentioned any mobility issues that his girlfriend might have so I presume she'll be able to walk a kilometre downhill from the bus stop.
    Dudess wrote:
    7.30 very earliest, 7.45 very latest.

Given my experiences with that bus though, I'd allow time for the bus not showing up, only going as far as the city centre leaving you to wait for another bus or stopping for 10 mins or so in the city centre. As far as I know, the 7:05 from Bishopstown won't leave St. Patrick's street until 7:25 at the earliest so I'm guessing it'll arrive in Mayfield around 7:40 assuming light traffic at that hour of the morning.

walking from mayfield down is fine its not that far and its all downhill anyway

Advertisement