Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ Venues in the city

Options
  • 22-05-2010 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I am trying to organise a BBQ night for work in or around the city. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a place that does a BBQ night. Looking for a good atmosphere, nice outdoor area (preferably not just stuck outside looking out at a road), not madly fussy on an extensive menu, it's going to be mainly a piss up! I have come across a few places that do them, can anyone recommend one above the other or even recommend somewhere else?

The Elm Tree
    The Boardwalk
    The Flying Enterprise
    The Brook Inn
    Vienna Woods
    Briar Rose

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

My work one is at the old Jury's by UCC next week - I'll let you know how it goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

pow wow wrote: »
    My work one is at the old Jury's by UCC next week - I'll let you know how it goes!

Do please! Didn't know they did them, they prob have a nice outdoor space too.

Yeah we didn't know they did them either (and had visions of foil bbqs in the car park :P) but apparently it's legit. There's 100+ of us going....can't imagine where they'll put us all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Have had ours in Soho the last few years, food is outstanding!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

A group I belonged to report the Briar Rose as being the worst place they've ever been to for a group meal - they just couldn't cope with the numbers - i.e. less than 20. Not recommended.

Boardwalk - much as I detest its owner - the food is good and they coped well with about 25 last week. Was quite impressed.

The Brook in Glanmire used to be great for BBQs, not sure what it is like now - if it is as good as it was a few years back it would be my own choice from a food perspective, if you don't mind being out of town.

• Advertisement

Thumbs up for Jury's - recovering from it this morning :o Food was great, drinks savage expensive though....but it is a hotel bar I suppose.

I think the prices are 20-28 per head, they have bbq brochures at reception :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Thanks for coming back to me about that pow wow, hope the head isn't too dodgy ;).

That seems dear for a BBQ, we are thinking of going with the Boardwalk, only €15 pp or €20 with fillet steak added and nice and central. Tried contacting the Briar Rose, their website account is suspended and their phone number is ringing disconnected, so not sure what's going on there.

Advertisement