Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White eye reduction help?

Options
  • 22-05-2010 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭

Wondering if any good shoppers know what's the best way to get rid of white eyes from photos, probably noob stuff I know but the only online guide I can find is for dogs and cats, and I don't think it really looks right.

I've attached the eyes I'm trying to fix at the moment, there's like half circles of white in them, very confusing.

Oh and I don't have PS but I have Paint.NET so nothing too fancy if possible! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

That's a tough once to remove automatically.

One quick thing to try is to desaturate the offending area. (Sponge tool in PS)
    After that you have to darken the bright area somehow.
    This is usually achieved by either using the burn tool or painting with a opaque dark brush.

However this takes a mixture of skill and luck. With the shot you've posted it's difficult to try anything as the whole composition of the shot is important in getting the look right.

TBH I would simply go with the desaturation for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Hmm, Pain.NET doesn't have a sponge tool unfortunately. I kind of got it looking ok once I resize it, using two small black brush spots and making them slightly transparent, cheers.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Well if it can make selections then you can locally desaturate in much the same way.

Advertisement