Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inchicore Shooting

Options
  • 22-05-2010 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Just got a call there from the lad whos meant to be opening the shop I work in, 2 lads shot in a car on Tyrconnell Road near the junction with Ring Terrace buses are all being diverted down the canal. Just a heads up for anyone planning on travelling through Inchicore, etc...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭DublinRunnerJoe

2 more fued deaths

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

2 more fued deaths

No doubt.

No doubt.

What time did it happen at Gav ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Thats sad and some lad stabbed in Howth last night aswell.

What time did it happen at Gav ?

Got a call at about 11.30am, not sure when it happened though, couldn't have been to long ago as still nothing has hit the news websites yet.

• Advertisement

they are still alive according to 2fm news

One shot in the arm, one in the shoulder, both are stable in St.James Hospital. Happened just before 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

Both are out of hospital. I saw one being walked to the ambulance under his own steam and apart from holding his arm he seemed fine**. I think the lads were from Crumlin.

**Edit: This guy is a local lad and was just in the wrong place at the wrong time - could have been anyone.

D.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Out there on friday night for the match... scary

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Out there on friday night for the match... scary

Why is it scary? It's not a dangerous place with shootings and stabbings happening all the time. Stupid post imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

foreign wrote: »
    Why is it scary? It's not a dangerous place with shootings and stabbings happening all the time. Stupid post imo.

In fairness I don't think it was a stupid post.

A lot of people are scared these days, to the ordinary person on the streets it would appear as though the guards don't have a handle on the situation and although personally I'm not a timid person I completely understand why other's are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

A lot of people are scared these days, to the ordinary person on the streets it would appear as though the guards don't have a handle on the situation and although personally I'm not a timid person I completely understand why other's are.

Spot on. I went online yesterday morning and the first 2 stories i read on Breakingnews.ie were a stabbing in Howth and a shooting in Kilmainham! I can understand why people are becoming more fearful in the city. My wife works in the city centre and the stuff she sees on a daily basis would be enough to put most people off setting foot in it tbh.

My point is that he said that he was in the area for a football match the night before, not on the street when or just before it happened.

Dublin is a large metropolitan city with the problems associated with it. It is not a city in a war zone where the next trip to the shop might be your last one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Dublin is a large metropolitan city with the problems associated with it. It is not a city in a war zone where the next trip to the shop might be your last one.

I felt safer in Beirut!... :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I felt safer in Beirut!... :p

You had a gun over there.

Anyway...Gav, are we getting a sports update and weather report with this news item?

Are you serious? I work in Inchicore and I've seen it all, people chasing a lad with snooker balls in socks and all.
    humberklog wrote: »

Anyway...Gav, are we getting a sports update and weather report with this news item?

Pats won 3-1 on Friday night and the weather in Inchicore was unbearable today, fecking crappy air conditioning in work.:mad:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I walked a decent bit around the area afterwards before getting a bus. It's an area I don't know at all and hearing people getting shot there the next day isn't exactly something to ignore.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Are you serious? I work in Inchicore and I've seen it all, people chasing a lad with snooker balls in socks and all.

People have been stabbed and beaten to death in Ballsbridge. Does that make that area dangerous? I'm not trying to say Inchicore is a crime free area, it has it's problems but no more than a lot of other parts of the city.
    I walked a decent bit around the area afterwards before getting a bus. It's an area I don't know at all and hearing people getting shot there the next day isn't exactly something to ignore.

I'm not saying it's something to ignore.What I am saying is that while these things may happen, it does not make the area dangerous for the general public.

Advertisement