Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Cork - looking to play soccer

Options
  • 22-05-2010 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hello all,

I’ve recently moved to Douglas and am looking to play some weekly astro soccer if possible – I tried rocking up to both astro.ie in Douglas + leisureworld in Bishopstown pitches and trying my luck for any extra player needed but didn’t have any success!

I’m no Messie or Rooney but am decent enough, can anybody help me out?

Thanks in advance,
    LeNNoX

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

Give this lot a bell
    http://www.corkniteleagues.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sammalone

Well if u free to play @ 6 on a wednesday night we often short and we definitely more messer than messi! We play in churchfield astro and can prob arrange a lift for ya from town if u need. PM me if u interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

LeNNoX wrote: »
    Hello all,

I’ve recently moved to Douglas and am looking to play some weekly astro soccer if possible – I tried rocking up to both astro.ie in Douglas + leisureworld in Bishopstown pitches and trying my luck for any extra player needed but didn’t have any success!

I’m no Messie or Rooney but am decent enough, can anybody help me out?

Thanks in advance,
    LeNNoX

hey...

i have a team in astro leagues in douglas playing every tuesday night... as we are short of player you are more than welcome to join us if you wish.

PM me for more details!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭ocokev

Sometimes short a man wednesday night eight o clock .PM me for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭LeNNoX

Lads,

I didn’t expect such a great response – a big thanks to all.

ocokev, do you play in Douglas? – I’ve sent you a PM

KCAccidental, I’ll take you up on that offer – PM sent

sammalone, I’ll hold off on that offer as am going to try playing local in Douglas – thanks

themonboys, I’ll hold off on contacting them as am going with above – thanks

Thanks again,
    LeNNoX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Bloodbuzz

Hi Folks

I am also new to Douglas and looking for astro games anywhere in the city.
    Let me know if ye still looking for players

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Bloodbuzz wrote: »
    Hi Folks

I am also new to Douglas and looking for astro games anywhere in the city.
    Let me know if ye still looking for players

Cheers

There are currently two games running that are organised from this forum. . Check them out, particularly the Monday night one, and see if any spaces come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Bloodbuzz

Thanks for the quick reply CharlieRock, where are these games played? Who do I contact to see if their are any spaces? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

There are 2 other threads in the 1st page of this forum one for Mondays, one for Thursdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

So Charlie rock-do you just follow that gimmick mod around all day to give him the thumbs up on every post?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

ROY RACE wrote: »
    So Charlie rock-do you just follow that gimmick mod around all day to give him the thumbs up on every post?

Yes. I also clean his house and walk his dog. He's my hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

And he does a great job of it as well.

Advertisement