Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exams, how did you do?

Options
  • 22-05-2010 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

So, the exams are nearly over for most students, some have even finished.

How did you all get on?

Have you many more to do?

What do you think of the timetable's for this round?

Will you be repeating / changing course, or will you be back next year?

Let us know your thoughts!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Finished up a few hours ago, quite happy with mine overall. I could really have used them to be spread over 2 weeks as there was very little time to study, we had our two hardest exams within 24 hours which is ridiculous and I can safely say I would have done a lot better if the timetable was more spread out.

Quite sure Ive passed them all, one might be borderline but if all goes well I'll not be back in the Summer.

4 months at home now with little to be doing, good to get all the work out of the way but unless I manage to find a job over the summer its going to be a boring few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

Got one more left to do. Was happy enough with my timetable with at least 2 days between each exam which was a great help. Think ive passed them all anyway fingers crossed. Anyone got any plans for the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

4 good one dicey! anyone know when the results are out?

Timetables are a joke by the way. A day between the three easiest and then no free time between the hardest two. They should show a bit of common sense when doing the timetables.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭loca1

Saturday Monday and Tuesdays exams no time in between y
    to study but given we had extra time over Christmas I still didn't study so it wouldn't have made a difference. I passed one already lecturer had them corrected on the night we sat exam. But I don't think I got great grades this time around. Hopefully I will not have to repeat any. I'm so glad to be finished early. I am looking for work now. Hope everyone does well I don't know when the results are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

People who got a harsh timetable should have spoken up. We were scheduled to have 6 exams in 8 days and we made a big deal out of it and got them changed , only one other course made a stink bout their timetable and they got theirs changed aswell so ye will know better next time.

We went to exams officer first, no joy, then the head of our school, no joy, and then student union who got it sorted for us in the end.

We put in a request at the course board meeting that before the Head of our school signs off on the exams next year that he meets with the class reps to see will there be any problems or if there needs to be a change so hopefully they will take this on board.

So far so good with my exams, have one tomm which is gonna be the hardest and one on weds where i have 38% CA going into it so wont be a problem. Definatly wont be back repeating in August id say.

Hopefully pick up a bit of work during the summer but not too confident.

• Advertisement

theboss80 wrote: »
    People who got a harsh timetable should have spoken up. We were scheduled to have 6 exams in 8 days and we made a big deal out of it and got them changed , only one other course made a stink bout their timetable and they got theirs changed aswell so ye will know better next time.

We went to exams officer first, no joy, then the head of our school, no joy, and then student union who got it sorted for us in the end.

We put in a request at the course board meeting that before the Head of our school signs off on the exams next year that he meets with the class reps to see will there be any problems or if there needs to be a change so hopefully they will take this on board.

So far so good with my exams, have one tomm which is gonna be the hardest and one on weds where i have 38% CA going into it so wont be a problem. Definatly wont be back repeating in August id say.

Hopefully pick up a bit of work during the summer but not too confident.

We complained to the union and to our office, the union never did anything afaik and the office simply said that once the timetables were set out they couldnt be changed

• Registered Users Posts: 27 lineker

Does anyone know how being compensated works? I got two results between 35 and 40 last semester and was just wondering I got the credits for it!!!!!!! Will i have to repeat these or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Harps wrote: »
    We complained to the union and to our office, the union never did anything afaik and the office simply said that once the timetables were set out they couldnt be changed

All i can think was that it might have been after they spoke 2 the registrar already.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

Exam results are due online on the 10th of June. Got that from the examination office today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Grazi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭blue shimmering

loca1 wrote: »
    Saturday Monday and Tuesdays exams no time in between

Yes, we had 6 exams in just over a week - Sat, Tue, Thurs, Sat, Mon & Tue, complained but to no avail! Was told it could not be changed and that everyone was happy with exams on Saturday's! Not very likely I would say, if we do not complain and keep on complaining it will be a permanent feature - I was also informed that other colleges have exams on Saturdays!

Why, when we have 6 exams do we have three in four days, don't even get two days at the weekend to rest and are expected to do this when others who only have four exams have theirs on Thursday of the following week?

A complete disaster of an exam timetable & I definitely did not do as well as I should have if I had got a proper break on the second weekend!:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭shogunpower

does anyone know what the story is with registering/paying for repeat exams is?
    i haven't heard anything yet and i have 3 exams to repeat:(

does anyone know what the story is with registering/paying for repeat exams is?
    i haven't heard anything yet and i have 3 exams to repeat:(

I think they write out to you with payment details, keep eye on exam timetable link, it will be up around end of July I would say! Good luck with your exams, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭loca1

Looking at the academic calender for 2010/2011 exams
    are set to start on a Saturday again unless complaints are put in before this. I didn't mind but if there were anymore than 3 exams together it is exhausting even at that. I have no repeats so I'm afraid I don't know about that.

loca1 wrote: »
    Looking at the academic calender for 2010/2011 exams
    are set to start on a Saturday again unless complaints are put in before this. I didn't mind but if there were anymore than 3 exams together it is exhausting even at that. I have no repeats so I'm afraid I don't know about that.

We had three exams in 4 days - Sat, Mon and Tues and were doing 3rd year Business, it was exhausting and not fair! We need rest and should have two days off at weekend - either Friday, Sat or Sat, Sun or Sun, Mon! It is terrible to expect us to do 6 exams in just over a week - if complaints do not go in this will happen again and to more students!

I already complained about it and was told that students hadnt complained, that it has been the norm for 30 years in other colleges, that some concessions were made this year and my complaints will be taken note of - yes right!

The only way to get this nipped in the bud and stopped is to protest, send in letters with loads of names on them and so on....maybe the union can help I don't know?

The union never seem to do anything, this is exactly the sort of thing theyre supposed to be used for and they didnt exactly make much of a fuss about it. I didnt mind it too much with the Saturdays but having exams in consecutive days is ridiculous.

As I said before, we had our two toughest exams within 20 hours of each other which inevitabely means people will get a lower mark than if they actually had time to prepare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭shogunpower

I think they write out to you with payment details, keep eye on exam timetable link, it will be up around end of July I would say! Good luck with your exams, lol

o god lol, i hope i get a hold of that letter before my parents do.

Advertisement