Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FroYo OTA updates for the Nexus One have began

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Its begins!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

I have unrooted nexus one. Nothing yet :( I think in some of the reports it said they were doing u.s users first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

*****Checks phone every 5 minutes*****

Nothing yet. Bring it the f*** on!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

No sign of an update yet on my January USA model.

Lots of people saying this is a hoax. Like when you check the comments no one seems to have the update yet apart from the guy at tech crunch who released the story. Also in the pic it says android version where as on my phone it says firmware version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Mine is a Jan USA model too and I've nothing yet either. Its fantastic its coming out now though, I was expecting another months wait :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

jd83 wrote: »
    Lots of people saying this is a hoax. Like when you check the comments no one seems to have the update yet apart from the guy at tech crunch who released the story. Also in the pic it says android version where as on my phone it says firmware version
    Loads of people on Twitter seem to be getting it though. Not only US phones either.

Been looking through the comments on Androidguys and AndroidPolice and no-one else,even stateside,seems to have gotten it yet. Sounds a bit suspicious.

Yh your right this was posted on other forum

"Looks like some people on twitter received their Froyo updates – I think Google just started going really slowly.
    http://twitter.com/Biodome10
    http://twitter.com/nyenyec
    http://twitter.com/Willi_D
    http://twitter.com/cchilds
    http://twitter.com/ehkrass
    (from a reddit comment)
    There is hope, folks!"

This poster reckons someone in Ireland got it:

" froyo available now??
    Froyo ota sightings in Ireland. Got a twitter reply from someone who got it from Ireland.

Still waiting... Philippines here.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk "

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/nexus-one-general-discussion/6045-froyo-available-now-2.html

• Advertisement

All we need is for one person to dump the rom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Its a fake, its not out til mid june.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Its a fake, its not out til mid june.
    I don't suppose you have any proof? Google never did mention a date for an OTA update.
    If it was a fake why are so many people getting the update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭djgaillimh

You really think a tech blogger/journo at a pretty well known site would fake something like this?

http://techcrunch.com/2010/05/22/android-froyo-nexus-one/

Not saying you're wrong, but this is a little different from telling porkies on an internet forum or on twitter.

Update: We're not sure how this is being rolled out, as hardly anyone is seeing updates, but via Droidnytt we found a number of reports on Twitter that people are indeed seeing the update.

Update 2: Count us among the lucky few who just received the OTA Froyo update, to our original T-Mobile-based device.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/22/android-2-2s-froyo-goodness-hitting-the-nexus-one-already/

Engadget have confirmed its not a hoax

Confirmed by Google that they've started rolling out OTA updates today to all Nexus One users.

Check techcrunch

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

Update: We're not sure how this is being rolled out, as hardly anyone is seeing updates, but via Droidnytt we found a number of reports on Twitter that people are indeed seeing the update.

Update 2: Count us among the lucky few who just received the OTA Froyo update, to our original T-Mobile-based device.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/22/android-2-2s-froyo-goodness-hitting-the-nexus-one-already/

Engadget have confirmed its not a hoax
    Further update on that. Seems like it's just press release Nexus One's receiving the update so far.:(

Well hopefully it'll roll out to the rest of us soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Checked with a couple of google employees I know and they received it today also - which you'd expect as part of any initial roll out. Reckon the rest of us will have to wait a bit

• Advertisement

zing wrote: »
    Checked with a couple of google employees I know and they received it today also - which you'd expect as part of any initial roll out. Reckon the rest of us will have to wait a bit
    Could you ask them to post up the update link? They should know how to find it.

Using some clever url trickery the guys on XDA have managed to get a link for the Nexus One update!

android.clients.google.com/packages/passion/signed-passion-FRF50-from-ERE27.1e519a24.zip

it works fine. Very quick. :) Omg the browser is so fast. You have to manually install flash via market or adobe website.

Just tried rte player there works fine over 3g not jumpy at all. Watching lost :)

Awesome, pity I'm in a tent out in the sticks with 2G right now... you know how it is with conserving battery. I'll download tomorrow :-)

Woohoo! I'll have a go at manually updating tomorrow. I'm gargled at the moment so it's probably not a good idea to try it now!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Using some clever url trickery the guys on XDA have managed to get a link for the Nexus One update!

android.clients.google.com/packages/passion/signed-passion-FRF50-from-ERE27.1e519a24.zip

With this unscrambled, can we expect to have a version for our rooted desires soon do you reckon? :)

cormie wrote: »
    With this unscrambled, can we expect to have a version for our rooted desires soon do you reckon? :)
    Well at the outset Paul said next week but now a few people have made attempts and they've got 2.2 running but it's very unstable and unusable.

No access to any radio functions (No WiFi, No phone connection, No GPS, No bluetooth) and the graphics are very glitchy at the moment but that's a very crude port so I suspect we may have a port to the Desire (Without HTC Sense of course) either next week or the week after.

Interesting, so no Sense = no more home screen flicking with widgets and stuff? I remember you telling me about sense in the beginning and I wasn't that interested, but I must say, having the ability to see my calendar by simply swiping to the right on the screen and my emails by swiping left is extremely handy so I might hold off 2.2 until I can keep that :)

• Advertisement

Interesting, so no Sense = no more home screen flicking with widgets and stuff? I remember you telling me about sense in the beginning and I wasn't that interested, but I must say, having the ability to see my calendar by simply swiping to the right on the screen and my emails by swiping left is extremely handy so I might hold off 2.2 until I can keep that :)

No you'll have that but no HTC widgets. It will be just as a nexus one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

You will lose the contact facebook integration among other things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Inquitus wrote: »
    You will lose the contact facebook integration among other things

No you won't. That's a feature of stock Android.

You'll lose all the phone functions /fud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Any one have a clue when 2.2 will be brought to non nexus one phones? Is it dependant on the carrier (meteor, o2, etc.) and / or the individual maker?

If your phone is not branded by the carrier then I think the update will come whenever the manufacturer releases it.

• Advertisement

Probably a stuipid question but does this upgrade preserve data on the phone or does it wipe it?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

JohnK wrote: »
    Probably a stuipid question but does this upgrade preserve data on the phone or does it wipe it?

Preserves it, I haven't looked too thoroughly but as far as I can tell everything is intact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

just updated to 2.2, damm good, flash is brilliant, will update more later but having fun finding out the goodies within.

:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

brookied, you notice that the "turn sound off" swipe on the lock screen now leaves vibrate on? that was something that really used to annoy me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

yeah just noticed that, that really annoyed me also.

• Advertisement

When you go to the add widgets menu, the HTC widgets will have HTC written under them...

Pretty much every widget I use, even Twitter, is HTC :o

Looks like I might be better off waiting :)

Well, the HTC rumour mill is already working overtime:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=686994

I wouldn't place too much stock in this... but at least the speculating will give us something to do while the N1 owners have their fun.

I don't see why it wouldn't be around that time.

4 weeks for a .1 release is plenty considering the Nexus and Desire share many parts.

The Hero situation (complicated by hardware, I know), and the fact that they're being so vague about which phones will be upgraded and when, makes me a bit suspicious. I hope I'm wrong though, don't want the hassle of rooting my phone.

Using a phrase like "most likely" in an official statement is not exactly confidence-inspiring.

I don't even use widgets :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Bruno Batista

Baza210 wrote: »
    I don't even use widgets :/

I confess to using the Sad Trombone one on occasion.
    :P

But yeah, the only major widget I use is the HTC Clock with weather display, but I know there's other alternatives.
    And I could live without Sense, ugh, why do I need Stocks for anyways?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

tw0nk wrote: »
    brookied, you notice that the "turn sound off" swipe on the lock screen now leaves vibrate on? that was something that really used to annoy me!

Yeah that's a new setting, you can set it to vibrate always even silent mode. that was one thing I was smiling about also. just the damn trackball still bugging me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Pretty much every widget I use, even Twitter, is HTC :o

Looks like I might be better off waiting :)

There are alternatives available for pretty much every HTC widget

• Advertisement
Advertisement