Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barcelona 08/09 09/10 VS Milan 89/90 VS Real 01/02

• 22-05-2010 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

Who would come out best? My heart says Real from 01/02 would be the best side but it I think they might, might not be the best.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

You can't compare them to be honest. Football evolves so much its difficult to compare them

That said, heart and brain say Barcelona

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Milan, others be lucky to have a shot on goal tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The Milan team that one two in a row. Only one change to the starting team for the second final with Alberigo Evani playing as Roberto Donadoni wasn't available.

That team >>>> the universe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Barca 10/11 with Villa up front will push Milan close but a defence with Baresi Maldini and Costacurta as well a potent strike force they had would be my choice. I think the Ajax mid 90's team deserves to be in this company if Real are there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Seaneh wrote: »
    The Milan team that one two in a row. Only one change to the starting team for the second final with Alberigo Evani playing as Roberto Donadoni wasn't available.

That team >>>> the universe.
    7c2a6b83436545f48a20d862fc9c8839.0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Milan 89/90

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Barca 10/11 with Villa up front will push Milan close but a defence with Baresi Maldini and Costacurta as well a potent strike force they had would be my choice. I think the Ajax mid 90's team deserves to be in this company if Real are there!

That Ajax team was unreal but I'd still have to go with Milan.

Milan>Ajax>Barca>Real

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

That Milan team is probably the greatest club team ever assmbled. The current Barca side have a long way to go to match them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

Get the feeling a barca team with villa and possibly fabregas may go on to be the best club side ever . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

gimmick wrote: »
    That Milan team is probably the greatest club team ever assmbled. The current Barca side have a long way to go to match them.
    But are we gauging that with trophies won? If Barca win a Liga / CL double next year then that might put them on a par with Sacchi's Milan?

• Advertisement

Archimedes wrote: »
    7c2a6b83436545f48a20d862fc9c8839.0.jpg

Paolo Maldini > your mum.

Also, Italy weren't the best team at the last world cup. and Canavarro wasn't anywhere near the best player (he wasn't even Italy's best player) but they won, fair play to them. With the way they were raped by the ref against Korea in 2002 they deserved to have a few 50-50 calls in their favour (penalty Vs. asutralia, which, however you look at it, was a penalty!).
    To say they "didn't deserve it" it farcical, they won, it's a knock out competition, the best team doesn't always win.

Potro, Liverpool, Greece, Italy, Brazil, all won knockout competitions they "didn't deserve" on paper, but they still won them.

Also, Billy Costacurta > Your mum, for good measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Milan destroyed Barcelona 4 -0 in a final and that Barcelona team imo was quite similar in ability to this one.Pundits described A.C Milan's performance against Barcelona in the final as the greatest ever by a team in European Cup/UEFA Champions League history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_UEFA_Champions_League_Final

Stoichkov,Romário,Koeman,Guardiola and Nadal would easily grace the current side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

Barcelona the other teams are way too old.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

Defo Milan, That was an amazing defence and also quality going forward.

Paolo Maldini > your mum.

Also, Italy weren't the best team at the last world cup. and Canavarro wasn't anywhere near the best player (he wasn't even Italy's best player) but they won, fair play to them. With the way they were raped by the ref against Korea in 2002 they deserved to have a few 50-50 calls in their favour (penalty Vs. asutralia, which, however you look at it, was a penalty!).
    To say they "didn't deserve it" it farcical, they won, it's a knock out competition, the best team doesn't always win.

Potro, Liverpool, Greece, Italy, Brazil, all won knockout competitions they "didn't deserve" on paper, but they still won them.

Also, Billy Costacurta > Your mum, for good measure.

Wow.

You didnt get that, like, at all.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Wow.

You didnt get that, like, at all.

You basically said I over rate Maldini and Costacurta (pretty much impossible to over rate the best defender of all time thoough, as for billy, one of the best of the last 25 years, easily),

You basically implied that Italy didn't deserve to win the last world cup and that I somehow believed they were the bestest team evar in teh worlds, which I don't.

And besides we were all wrong.

Really, the Real team that won 5 european cups in a row is probalby the best of all time? surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

And besides we were all wrong.

Really, the Real team that won 5 european cups in a row is probalby the best of all time? surely?

the real team were the best, they easily disposed of the busby babes team in 1957, at half-time in the second leg, real were leading 4-0 on aggregate at old trafford and that madrid team became stronger the next year when Puskas joined

You basically said I over rate Maldini and Costacurta (pretty much impossible to over rate the best defender of all time thoough, as for billy, one of the best of the last 25 years, easily),

You basically implied that Italy didn't deserve to win the last world cup and that I somehow believed they were the bestest team evar in teh worlds, which I don't.

Wow.

Whoooooooooooooooooosh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Milan for me, Tassotti, Baresi, Costacourta, Maldini. They werent call Milan nil for no reason.

Brillant at the back and at going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Messi Villa and possibly Torres or Van basten , easy one for me :pac:

You do forget how awesome Van Basten was, easily the best out and out striker to ever play football the guy had it all.

Xavi Iniesta and possibly Fabregas or Gullit and Rijkaard again easy :pac:

Also with Gullit he was an awesome playmaker.

Add in that defence which has some ridiclous records of not conceding. Be hard to find a more complete team going forwards and backwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

The only thing that gives me hope with this thread is : If Madrid of 01/02
    can fall in a few years then so can this Barça side ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Jesus Seaneh.:eek:

Though I agree that the Milan side is the best of the three.

Advertisement