Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last minute checks

Options
  • 22-05-2010 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

One of our teachers advised up to make a list of all the things we need for a certain subject. So inseatd of me doing it on with pen and paper which I'll probably use, I'll put it up here to help all others. I'm going to do it in the different subjects but I only do 7 subjects, so if anybody does any other subjects not mentioned just follow the same format and I'll add it in.

English : Multiple pens and pencils. rubber, notes for before exam, highlighter for key sentences
    Irish : Pens and pencils, rubber, notes again,
    Maths : Pens and pencils, rubber, ruler, working calculator, maths set
    History : Pens and pencils, rubber, notes for before
    Geography : Pens and pencils, rubber, ruler, colouring pencils, calculator,
    French : Pens and notes for before exam, highlighter for key phrases
    Biology : Pens and pencils, colouring pencils possibly, notes for before exam

I know I more than likely forgot a few things but if anybody knows what I'm missing just leave a comment and I will fix it.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

copy of king lear in the bathroom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Log tables for maths!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Keano! wrote: »
    Log tables for maths!!

The log tables are provided in the exam for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

You could bring some highlighters to your language exams with the comprehensions to highlight the sentences when you find the ones relevant to the qs so they dont get lost if you look away and have to scan whole section again.

I usually underline or highlight the key words in questions like english as well so I relate to the question.

You could bring a calculator along to geog too, might need for short questions or part As so you don't make any silly little maths mistakes or for calculating angles of pie charts or whatever if needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

eoins23456 wrote: »

may as well just have the school bag in there with everything you need

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

You need a calculator for Geography! A lot of people forget this! For things like working out temperature range, population density, dependency ratio etc. OK, it probably only applies to one or two short questions but why limit yourself.

I would bring in two calculators to Maths/Accounting etc. I've never heard of it happening but imagine the battery ran out on the day of your exam. If you've had the calculator a while, using it constantly for 3 hours may just kill it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Doyler92 wrote: »
    The log tables are provided in the exam for you.

still...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

You need a calculator for Geography! A lot of people forget this! For things like working out temperature range, population density, dependency ratio etc. OK, it probably only applies to one or two short questions but why limit yourself.

I would bring in two calculators to Maths/Accounting etc. I've never heard of it happening but imagine the battery ran out on the day of your exam. If you've had the calculator a while, using it constantly for 3 hours may just kill it!

One for Biology too. Just in case you gotta work out the Ecology population thingie. Should be easy but best be safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

dont forget water!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

You iPod with some Irish and French/Spanish/German/whatever language aurals on it is always hand. To listen to in the few minutes between the written paper and the aural exam itself.

Just remember to leave it in your bag or in the box of stuff the attendants will supervise - you don't want to be accused of anything if it's in your pocket!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

eoins23456 wrote: »

+1

very good idea if I do say so myself.

On a serious note, paracetamol or paramol incase you get a head explosion during an exam...

Ladies get on the pill so you don't bloody yourself during exams... A period in the middle of the history exam would really suck. Happened to me before. :(

colouring pencils for geo unless you already mentioned it.

Wear none restricting pants on the day so your as comfortable as possible...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

prison-break-tattoo-2.jpg

Except instead of the layout of a prison.....maths formulae, Shakespeare quotations, French verbs and so on....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

ALWAYS make sure your highlighter is yellow, pink blue etc on pink or blue paper is an absolute eyesore...maybe its just me but things like that would really annoy me!!:D

Advertisement