Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N97 Broken keylock slider

Options
  • 22-05-2010 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

I have my N97 9 months or so..
    This is well looked after phone...kept in a case or mounted in its own holder in the car...
    a few day ago the KEYLOCK slider snapped.....during normal use
    This is held with flimsiest piece of glue that u can imagine....
    it also totally impossible to reattach/glue
    It has seriously slowed down using the done!!!
    You can leave the key lock function disabled....but this means that any button can be pressed randomly.....
    Iam about to contact vodafone about this but was wondering if anyone has experienced this in Ireland, and what was the response from Nokia Ireland..
    most countries seem to be saying its not covered...but some are covering....

cramp

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

cramp wrote: »
    most countries seem to be saying its not covered...but some are covering....

cramp

It's an integral part of the phone's functionality. Not an accessory. If they wont repair it under warranty, remind them about the small-claims court.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

cant remember the name of the program but theres one that makes your lock screen like the iPhone...so you just press the red button and then it lights up and you slide to unlock...otherwise the settings that when you slide down it locks and unslide the screen it unlocks :) but that way the phone would be always horizontal :)

with my experience with vodafone i dont think they will do anything! or charge you a bomb

EDIT: nUnlock you can download the trial and if it suits ya you can buy it for 4 quid or something :) cheaper than fixing i guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

Go into a Nokia Service Centre and complain about your camera lens cover being scratched. This was a design fault. If they agree to replace it, the replacement part includes a new key lock slider.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

thanks for the reply guys..

i spoke to customer care and they said drop it into one of their stores and they would send it for repair...but she didn't know if there was a charge!!!!

@evolutionqy7

i seen that app around and some other guys are also recommending it... but i will wait and see what Vodafone have to say!!

@nazoil

My camera doesn't have the scratches on it!!!!!!!
    But interesting that they replcae teh slide lock while doing the lens cover

Can u just walk into these repair centres??

cramp

cramp wrote: »
    Can u just walk into these repair centres?
    yeah just go onto nokia's website and look up nokia centre's it will give ya all the repair centres around ireland

• Advertisement

Dropped the phone into VF yesterday and they told it was under warranty!!!
    The repair would take 5 working days.... sounds good and surprisingly fast....

Will update here when i get phone!!

cramp

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭JonT

Same thing happened to mine. I dropped it into Fonemenders on South Anne Street, Dublin. They had the part they needed in stock, so I collected it 24 hours later. All very fast, efficient, and friendly.

It's on Vodafone Billpay and is insured by the way, but was still much faster to get it done by a Nokia Repair Centre. And free.

hi..

thanks for the reply....good to hear from you that it was free, as this was the info that i wanted before going into VF or a nokia repair center...

Do u know if the replaced part is redesigned or the same flimsy part?

cramp

they should just take it out completely and make an on screen lock :)

Quick update on this ..

received phone back from VF today.....took a week!!

No charge!

They also changed the camera lens/casing , i know this is a issue but mine had NO scratches before it went in...they also upgraded the firmware...something i kept meaning to do!!

Nice service VF!

CRAMP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

the slider & camera lens cover are in the one assembly

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

my keylock slider broke on saturday morning, left it lying next to the bed when i went to sleep, when i woke up the next morning it had just fallen off. total pain, i've been using nUlock for the moment, does the job

Get it repaired... its fully covered under Nokia's warranty , they will replace the whole assembly as Nazoil says....

cramp

Advertisement