Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clip On Microphone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Doubt it.

There way too cheap.

I use these mainily for sit down interviews (i have wireless mics for walkies etc):

http://www.creativevideo.co.uk/public/view_item_cat.php?catalogue_number=sony_ecm-77b&product_name=Sony-ECM-77B-%28ECM77B%29-Omni-Directional-miniature-lavalier-%28tie-clip%29-microphone-with-XLR-Pre-amp.-

You can rent them if you want :D

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

thanks

what is the price to rent them?
    thanks
    Doubt it.

There way too cheap.

I use these mainily for sit down interviews (i have wireless mics for walkies etc):

http://www.creativevideo.co.uk/public/view_item_cat.php?catalogue_number=sony_ecm-77b&product_name=Sony-ECM-77B-%28ECM77B%29-Omni-Directional-miniature-lavalier-%28tie-clip%29-microphone-with-XLR-Pre-amp.-

You can rent them if you want :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

To be honest the Lavelier condenser mic is a pretty reputable mic. Purchase it and see how it goes. I did some research and work in this area awhile back and the lavelier mic came up as a good mic.

Go with that and see how it works for you. It is what you are looking for as a condenser mic i.e. a close in mic that leaves out background sound. Go with your first instincts and see how it works. I suspect that it will work out well from what you require. If you are doing interviews with lots of background noise then a small cover on the mic will cushion the excess noise. I once had to put a sock over a mic to eliminate the background noise it worked well.

There is no need for huge expense really. A bit of understanding of the tech plus some creativity should give the results that you require;)

I once had to put a sock over a mic to eliminate the background noise it worked well.

There is no need for huge expense really. A bit of understanding of the tech plus some creativity should give the results that you require;)

I would love to have seen that shot on sky news with Tony Blair/Gordon Brown etc talking into to mic with a sock on it or trying to actually mic them up with a mic with a sock on it.

Saying there's no need for expense is crazy. That's like comparing a €2 pair of headphones from the €2 shop to pair of Bose/Sennheiser headphones.

If you record audio for a living then you invest and you'll hear the results just not through a €2 pair of headphones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

I would love to have seen that shot on sky news with Tony Blair/Gordon Brown etc talking into to mic with a sock on it or trying to actually mic them up with a mic with a sock on it.

Saying there's no need for expense is crazy. That's like comparing a €2 pair of headphones from the €2 shop to pair of Bose/Sennheiser headphones.

If you record audio for a living then you invest and you'll hear the results just not through a €2 pair of headphones though.

Haha, my bad. I have some audio equipment and knowledge of audio recording to an amateur level. Could be worth experimenting with cheaper options and techniques as a progressive learning experience but for a professional option then the above advice from absolutegroove sounds a lot better.

• Advertisement

You do have a point Deliverance. If the OP is doing test recordings or just learning techniques then they have the option to try different mics and mic techniques.

But - if the OP is recording a high profile interview or news then the proper professional mics should be used as there's no going back once the interview is done and the guest has been flown out of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mikeydb

To the OP, Stay well away man. rule of thumb when it comes to audio equipment: dont buy it if it costs less than the postage!!

On a serious note, Why does it have to be a lapel mic??? You will get much better results with a high quality condenser mic such as AKG C1000s or Rode NT5. I can hire these to you if you wish. I also have Mipro Radio Mics if this is what you need.

If you have a HD camera then i would recommend buying a high end microphone. Check out Thomann.de for a large range.

Please contact me if you require anything
    Mikey

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

What is this Mic like :-

Audio Technica MT830CWTH Theater Lapel Microphone

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-MT830CWTH-Theater-Microphone/dp/B0002BSS1A/ref=sr_1_67?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1274616453&sr=1-67

Sub-mini omnidirectional condenser lavalier mic with clothing clip and windscreen. Theater model same as the MT830CM except biege color mic and cable for concealment.Audio Technica MT830 CWTH FeaturesSmall size provides excellent yet unobtrusive sound pickupHigh intelligibility for lecturers, stage/TV performers and singersWide-range capability ensures clean, accurate reproductionMT830cW-TH less power module; 29.5' (0.75 m) cable terminated with 4-pin HRS connector for A-T UniPak wireless systemsSame as MT830cW but in 'theater' color (beige).

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mikeydb

Its an ok mic judging by the spec, never seen one,

just note that it is intended for use as part of a wireless system, so you will also need a hrs to xlr converter if you are going to use it wired.
    Also note that because its from a wireless set that the cable will be very short

• Registered Users Posts: 47 mr.spids

best to go with a good mike dont want any trouble do ya?

• Advertisement
Advertisement