Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I love Pennys!

• 22-05-2010 2:40pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

OK, this is going to sound weird, but

I actually love Pennys. Some of the clothes in there are great! I was looking around there today at the clothes, thinking "That looks great" etc. and some of the prices are very cheap. I'm not exactly starved for cash but I love being able to buy clothes cheaply.

Today I bought a really nice shirt for €11 and excellent jeans for €17. They look great! They mightn't last as long as designer ones, but for the price you definitely can't go wrong. If you accidentally dirty them or ruin them, it's not big deal because it's not like you paid €80 for them.

Anybody else like Pennys?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yep. Great for buying bits and bobs in, especially for impromptu fancy dress parties :D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Blinking_Badger

I don't like Penney's........................I LOVE IT!!!

All time favourite shop...............affordable and fashionable gear, especially if you're on a tight budget like me.

I'm guessing about 80% of my stuff is from there.

Penney's forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 amanda_W

I love Pennys too! Havent been able to get in for about 2 months! Im going in on Saturday though!! I feel a spending splurge coming on!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭tskk

2 months???? Poor Amanda. I love Pennys so much I go in about twice a week!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

I love penneys, best shop ever!
    Went in the other day, and as I walked around I realised every bit of clothes I had on me, was from penneys.. down to my shoes and bracelets.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

The nearest thing we have to Penney's in the UK is Primark. Actually Penneys and Primark might be in the same group of companies. But anyway, Primark is where I get my trousers and underwear from. I've got enough to have clean underwear everyday for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Love Penneys!!!!
    Especially now, with things being so tight, the small amount i allow myself to spend on clothes or bits and bobs goes sooooo far, i can still buy loads!!! Got two big bags of stuff the other day for about 40 quid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 k20

As a stocking filler last christmas I got my sisters "gift cards" for Pennys they loved them and played a game to see who could get the most on the cards :p

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭carmel27

Oh, I love it too! Its like my second home! And I love the way you can fill a basket up with bits and pieces, and you get to the till and its only like €50 or €60, and you have so much stuff for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭carmel27

Thomas828 wrote: »
    The nearest thing we have to Penney's in the UK is Primark. Actually Penneys and Primark might be in the same group of companies. But anyway, Primark is where I get my trousers and underwear from. I've got enough to have clean underwear everyday for a month.

Yup, Thomas, theyre the same company I think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 paperbackhead

I love Penney's. Anow now that I love in the UK, I love Primark.

I bough some gray plimsolls there last summer for £2.50 but I didn't wear them much. Stuck them on ebay last week (clearly stating where I bought them from) and managed the sell them for £11!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Minxy Moo

What I love about Penny's: When your going out, and you realise you have NOTHING to wear, you can't buy something expensive, it'll just eat into beer money! No sense in that. Penny's steps in and you can go out looking great and have money to boot :) I love penny's too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

I love Penneys too! I have to walk through one to get to work....so every day I'm in work I end up buying something!!! I really have to stop lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I think Penney's have some lovely stuff, but I tried to get in the shop on Mary Steet (Dublin) yesterday and I only got about 5 paces in when I was forced outside by the sheer crowds in there! My mistake for shopping on a bank holiday weekend, I suppose...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I <3 Penneys :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I spent about e400 in Penney's when I was home for a visit last month.

Every time I get a compliment now at work about what I'm wearing it is when I'm wearing something from Penney's. I tell them all it's from Pennays, a very expensive boutique :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I love Penney's. Anow now that I love in the UK, I love Primark.

I bough some gray plimsolls there last summer for £2.50 but I didn't wear them much. Stuck them on ebay last week (clearly stating where I bought them from) and managed the sell them for £11!

Err, excuse me, but in the UK it is called Pri-Mani.

You'll hear people asked where they got their lovely designer jeans and the correct response is "Ohn they're Pri-Mani"

Persinally I wear a lot of Pri-Mani and quite a lot from Dunnesa Boutique!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Err, excuse me, but in the UK it is called Pri-Mani.

You'll hear people asked where they got their lovely designer jeans and the correct response is "Ohn they're Pri-Mani"

Persinally I wear a lot of Pri-Mani and quite a lot from Dunnesa Boutique!!
    fred you live in the posh past of the country,primark[branded as penneys in the republic of ireland]is a irish clothing retailer operating in ireland,united kingdom the netherlands and germany,if any of you get the chance ,go to the blackpool store[next to blackpool tower] i have problems getting my wife out of it,its very big

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭chickenchaser

Penneys is great!
    Jim-Jams, dresses, socks, tights, tee shirts!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Coudln't agree more. I love their clothes and it's seriously difficult to go in without buying something. Things are low priced and plentiful, I could spend hours in just looking :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Was in there yesterday and got myself a really nice shirt for €11.

Do a lot of my shopping there recently, great shop.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Used to work security in Penneys. I hate the place. /shudder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

Thomas828 wrote: »
    Yes, Penneys and Primark are the same company. I discovered that for myself when I dropped into the Letterkenny branch of Penneys when I was on holiday.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Was in there yesterday and got myself a really nice shirt for €11.

Do a lot of my shopping there recently, great shop.
    I so admire people who can go into Pennys and just get one thing. I've never been able to manage it. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I LOVE Pennys!

Not sure when or how it happened but they have deadly tops in there. Had a load of tops mentioning New York or NYC on them and they were all funky so stocked up before I went to NY :D

Plus the lads t-shirts are funky. In fairness I'm addicted to shopping there. Seriously have to avoid the place when I go home. I've soo many tops now it's not funny >.<

Plus the underwear is quite on the ole sexy side of things too :pac:
    And the PJs rock!!:D:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I went in Sunday for a browse with my mam, she said oh if you see anything you like throw it into my basket :D

I sure as hell did and her paid the €97.50 for me :D

Socks, pj's, tops, cardis, dresses, trousers :D Well impressed :D

I <3 Pennys :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Posy wrote: »
    I so admire people who can go into Pennys and just get one thing. I've never been able to manage it. :o

I only had €20 at the time. :D

Was in there the other day and I bought a few hats and a really nice t-shirt, all for €14.

It's pretty much my one stop shop for clothes now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 hillbilly999

I love Penneys too:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

i love penneys :D
    where else would you get really nice heels for under 20 quid!

Advertisement