Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

91011 wrote: »
    So someone has a different view than you, so they MUST work with the company:D:rolleyes:. Laughable comment and utterly stupid.

You erroneously made a complaint about Irish Rail. I corrected you.

If you have a problem in Mc Donalds in Liffey Valley do you complain about Liffey Valley itself?

And I can absolutely assure you that not only do I ahve no connection with irish rail, I don't even remember the last time I was on a train in Ireland. (20+ years ago!) - I have been on Uk trains and the service and price is appalling over there.

I think there is a laughable and stupid person on this thread and that is the person thinks that E2.10 is good value for for 250ml of hot water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

I think there is a laughable and stupid person on this thread and that is the person thinks that E2.10 is good value for for 250ml of hot water.

reduced to personal attacks?

Attack the post - not the poster. #1 rule of boards please.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Bring a flask next time.

reduced to personal attacks?

Attack the post - not the poster. #1 rule of boards please.

I didn't attack you personally, I merely suspected you of stupidity and I still do so will you confirm or refute my suspicion by telling this board whether or not you believe E2.10 is good value for 250ml of hot water.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Travelled to Dublin many times, never seen a €10 fare on peak time trains, it would appear you have to book a week in advance to avail of the €10 fare.

Also, when booking a ticket online, be aware of the following from the Terms and Conditions

Changes and cancellations
    Passengers wishing to travel on the same day but on an alternative train other than the time shown on their ticket can provided seats are available, by paying a surcharge. The surcharge of up to €40 should be paid at the booking office before boarding the train. If a booking office is not open the surcharge must be paid on board the train. All tickets are only valid for travel on the dates printed on the ticket. Travelling on an invalid ticket will result in a fine of €100 in addition to the appropriate surcharge.

So if I finish my business in Dublin early and get an earlier train than planned; I should pay a surcharge of €40. If I don't and inspector looks at my ticket, I could be fined €100.

This does not apply to those who buy a ticket on the day as there no train times stamped on the ticket.

• Advertisement

I didn't attack you personally, I merely suspected you of stupidity and I still do so will you confirm or refute my suspicion by telling this board whether or not you believe E2.10 is good value for 250ml of hot water.

Compared to what ... ???

Its anything up to 2.50 for a bottle of cold water in a Petrol station.

Meh ..

By International Standards Iarnroid Eireann is around the same price.

Not really a ripoff imo.

Compared to what ... ???

Its anything up to 2.50 for a bottle of cold water in a Petrol station.

Compared to free every other place I have brought a baby, I mean you turn on a tap and out it comes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

yes you did, but back to your topic.

You said "and I have never being charged before". But still you claim "rip off irish rail"?

Basically you got a narky bollox who couldn't give a sh1te about his job or customer service and decided himself to charge you 2.10. I suspect it is not on any price list and as you said you were never charge it before.

Your issue is with the narky person serving the hot water, make a complaint about him, not Irish rail rail gourmet who as you said do not have a policy of charging for hot water to heat a baby's bottle.

That's what I'm trying to get across.

If the published price was €2.10, then yes it would be ridiculous, but is not a normal price charged and your issue is down to one individual on a bad day. - My suggestion is to send an e-mail to rail gourmet who can then issue a memo to servers that hot water for warming a bottle is to be provided at no charge.

Compared to free every other place I have brought a baby, I mean you turn on a tap and out it comes

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64289090&postcount=1
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66859593&postcount=1

Yes, hot water costs money.
    Its there, you want it, you pay for it.

Next time bring a flask, then you can have it for 'free' out of your own kettle at home.

Try this at home, turn everything off at home then go out and boil the kettle, you'll see the meter ticking over, also you had to buy that kettle and unless you stood outside and caught the rain then you also paid for the plumbing coming into your house.

Or perhaps even call around to your neighbour and ask for some free hot water.

• Advertisement

yes you did, but back to your topic.

You said "and I have never being charged before". But still you claim "rip off irish rail"?

Basically you got a narky bollox who couldn't give a sh1te about his job or customer service and decided himself to charge you 2.10. I suspect it is not on any price list and as you said you were never charge it before.

Your issue is with the narky person serving the hot water, make a complaint about him, not Irish rail rail gourmet who as you said do not have a policy of charging for hot water to heat a baby's bottle.

That's what I'm trying to get across.

If the published price was €2.10, then yes it would be ridiculous, but is not a normal price charged and your issue is down to one individual on a bad day. - My suggestion is to send an e-mail to rail gourmet who can then issue a memo to servers that hot water for warming a bottle is to be provided at no charge.

The server said that it was company policy to charge for hot water if I had an issue take it up with the company which I won;t I will instead never buy from them again. Just to clarify, when I said I have never been charged before I meant, never anywhere, my charge rate on Irish rail is 50% free on the way up dear on the way down.

@KeithClancy I mentioned earlier that there was an award for stupidity for anyone who believed that 2.10 represented good value for 250ml of hot water, CONGRATULATIONS you have won that prize and the prize is a lifetime supply of hot water at a super cheap price of 1.80 per 250ml from my company. You are an unlikely candidate for reproduction given your contributions on here but if you do beat the odds I will supply it for free.

Good luck and good night.

Have reported your offensive comment,

I never said it was good value, I simply accept that items that are not readily available normally cost money.

i.e.
    Music festival, shower could cost 3 euros, so I bring a solar shower and shower tent.
    Commuting to work, sure coffee is just a bit of powder and some hot water, I bring my own saves me 1.80.
    Compressed air, yes the stuff you breath into your lungs costs money in Petrol stations.

So keep your offensive comments to yourself please, bring a flask of hot water next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dave45dave

Keithclancy cop yourself on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Thread closed because it's just a series of insults at this stage!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement