Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'd really appreciate some advice on what Meteor plan is best for me

Options
  • 22-05-2010 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

I'm currently on bill pay using "Talk 60 (04)" Plan, and over the past few months I've largely reduced how often I use my phone.

Can someone help me understand the summary of charges?

Minimum Monthly Commitment: €16.5

Total Call Charges this Month: €6.24

Total (exluding VAT): €22.7

If I spent only €6 throughout the month, why is that money being added to the "minimum monthly commitment"? As opposed to subsumed in it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

If I spent only €6 throughout the month, why is that money being added to the "minimum monthly commitment"? As opposed to subsumed in it.

Your monthly commitment is €20, which ex vat is €16.5. That monthly commitment figure doesn't include any calls. You should take a look at their bill pay lite plans, they're cheaper than the regular bill pay plans because you're not paying for your "free" phone and there's no 12 month contract

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Cellar_Door

Thank you Sam.

Does anyone have any specific recommendations? I don't know which plan to go with. I'm gonna head into a Meteor store soon and hopefully someone there should guide me through the cheapest option. But can anyone give me some tips in the meantime?
    I use my phone infrequently these days, preferring to contact people via the internet.

(I know I'm bumping an old-ish thread.)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Sam's advice ages well, bill pay lite is the way to go if you use it very little, you can get a 10 euro a month plan which gives you 50 minutes and 50 texts.
    You can just call meteor on 1905 to do that and it will become effective from your next bill date. You don't need to change sims or anything.

There open until 12 so you can do it now if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Cellar_Door

Sam's advice ages well, bill pay lite is the way to go if you use it very little, you can get a 10 euro a month plan which gives you 50 minutes and 50 texts.
    You can just call meteor on 1905 to do that and it will become effective from your next bill date. You don't need to change sims or anything.

There open until 12 so you can do it now if you want.

Great stuff, I'll go with that, thanks.

Advertisement