Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Phone & Broadband

• 22-05-2010 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi,

Rang UPC today to see if this was available. Apparently I can get broadband & tv but not phone ??.... I thought the phone service is tied to tv cable and it would be the most straight forward of the three services??

Currently on UTV internet & phone, with tv on free to air

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Sounds silly if you ask me
    The phone is based on the broadband

Did you try the availability checker online??
    http://www.upc.ie/phone/phone_service/

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

phone is voip which isnt avaible in all areas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you can get broadband, then you should be able to get he phone service, as it's VOIP which will work with any Internet connection. However, UPC (for some reason) don't always offer the phone service, even though it is technically possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jaws104

20 months later and this is still the case, broadband and tv available but not phone. Seems daft:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

jaws104 wrote: »
    20 months later and this is still the case, broadband and tv available but not phone. Seems daft:confused:
    I have broad band ,phone and internet from upc, have it about 3 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭cecilwinthorpe

Where are you based Jaws? Im in Tallaght and have been requesting a phone from them for 2 and a half years now and every time I'm told it should be available within 6 weeks as they are constantly upgrading. I told them that everyone else in the area can get the phone except our small apartment block (only 13 apartments) and was told by one person that it should be no problem to get it installed since its such a small block and was told by someone else that they wont bother since its such a small block.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Where are you based Jaws? Im in Tallaght and have been requesting a phone from them for 2 and a half years now and every time I'm told it should be available within 6 weeks as they are constantly upgrading. I told them that everyone else in the area can get the phone except our small apartment block (only 13 apartments) and was told by one person that it should be no problem to get it installed since its such a small block and was told by someone else that they wont bother since its such a small block.
    I'm only down the road in Rathfarnham, and we got it straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

jor el wrote: »
    If you can get broadband, then you should be able to get he phone service, as it's VOIP which will work with any Internet connection. However, UPC (for some reason) don't always offer the phone service, even though it is technically possible.

Not necessarily, I have broadband and analog TV but no phone. My area is currently being upgraded to provide digital tv and phone services. I guess the services you get depend on the state of the cable in your area.

Advertisement