If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting again.....

Options
  • 22-05-2010 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi,

A really helpful chap in the Phillips shop in Dublin City Centre pointed me in your direction.

Finished some building work, and now I need a reasonable unit for Radio / CD / iPod, + speakers for the main livingroom, and ceiling speakers for the kitchen - it's already wired up.

He suggested from your shop...

Teac AG790 - I understand it allows switching between speakers/ all on together.
    CD Player Azur 340

Main speakers have to be neat and unobtrusive
    Ceiling speakers.

.. and you can deliver to the Phillips shop???

Any other suggestions in that price bracket?

Thank you!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi,

A really helpful chap in the Phillips shop in Dublin City Centre pointed me in your direction.

Finished some building work, and now I need a reasonable unit for Radio / CD / iPod, + speakers for the main livingroom, and ceiling speakers for the kitchen - it's already wired up.

He suggested from your shop...

Teac AG980 - I understand it allows switching between speakers/ all on together.
    CD Player Azur 340

Main speakers have to be neat and unobtrusive
    Ceiling speakers.

.. and you can deliver to the Phillips shop???

Any other suggestions in that price bracket?

Thank you!

Big Red,

Some one helpful in the Philips Shop - surely not :D

Anyway not bad advice - however I would swap it around a bit and this is what I would recommend:

Teac AG980 - This is a slightly more powerful receiver (it includes a tuner/radio) but most importantly the unit can control 4 pairs of speakers and it can output different sources to two sets of speakers at the same time so it really is an excellent mini multi room option!
    Teac PDD 2620 Great 6 disc CD player!
    Boston BACS26 Bookshelf speakers
    Or
    Monitor Audio Radius 90HD - If you want decent quality Audio and want REALLY small and unobtrusive - these are expensive - but the way forward (and they look beautiful as well, especially in the Piano lacquer White & Black!)
    Monitor Audio SC165 in ceilling speakers * 1 Pair

I can do all of this for a Boardie special price of £599.95 (retail is just over £700) with the Boston speakers or £639.95 with the Radius 90 option - (retail is just over £775).

All of the above kit is now in stock and the Boardie special price as above includes delivery - so just drop us a line if we can assist - that would be a cracking little system!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.