Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Non-cooperation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

OP your a brave man asking the countrys finest drivers (who know every rule of the road and never break any), for advice on a possible drink drive charge.
    Imo your not really gonna get any sound advice here. You offered a blood sample, doc couldnt get it, dont see how thats non cooperation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Not even a solicitor knows what to say to you.

Why dont you grow some of the cajones back that you had that night and go to the station and ask what is happening?

Whatever the law is on this, if they cant get you for anything, I hope they let you stew for a while.

OP your a brave man asking the countrys finest drivers (who know every rule of the road and never break any), for advice on a possible drink drive charge.
    Imo your not really gonna get any sound advice here. You offered a blood sample, doc couldnt get it, dont see how thats non cooperation.

Well, I think its fair game when he is on the road with us, driving against us, passing us out, dealing with pedestrians and traffic lights. Reaction time reduced etc.

Of course he is not going to get sound advice here. We are not a legal team. As I said above, not even a solicitor could give him an answer. And from what he said, it was not as straight forward as "here Ill give you a sample", he went to the loo - time is precious when taking samples for alcohol. If they waited for the loo again, they could have been waiting hours. Calling someone a muppet or otherwise during a situation like this only goes to show what kind of judgement this person has.

He has no regard for the law, yet blatently wants it as his friend now to get off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Op, you'd be better off going to a real forum like askaboutmoney.com. There are too many pre-pubescents on this forum willing to give you bad advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

dellas1979 wrote: »

He has no regard for the law, yet blatently wants it as his friend now to get off.
    I haven't seen him talking of trying to get off, just trying to find out whats going on and why he could be charged for doing something he feels he doesn't do.

Judgemental much?

Yes, I will be judgemental on such an instance where someone over the limit is driving a machine that could kill or injure someone.

do you think he is on here for the good of his health? he wants to know whats happening to see if he can get off with it.

If he had any balls, he would go to the station. But I guess maybe he is not as ballsy with no liquor on him.

Whats more, why didnt the Gardai take the urine from you when they sent you to the loo the first time? I take it you went in the station?

Yes, I will be judgemental on such an instance where someone over the limit is driving a machine that could kill or injure someone.

do you think he is on here for the good of his health? he wants to know whats happening to see if he can get off with it.

If he had any balls, he would go to the station. But I guess maybe he is not as ballsy with no liquor on him.

Whats more, why didnt the Gardai take the urine from you when they sent you to the loo the first time? I take it you went in the station?

Did you never break a speed limit? Did you come on boards.ie afterwards to get your punishment? Did you then grow balls and go into your nearest garda station?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

JHMEG wrote: »
    Op, you'd be better off going to a real forum like askaboutmoney.com. There are too many pre-pubescents on this forum willing to give you bad advice.

See the charter.

Boards.ie & Motors Mods are fairly upfront about it to be fair.
    This is a public forum used by people with no idea what they are talking about.

Berty wrote: »
    See the charter.

Boards.ie & Motors Mods are fairly upfront about it to be fair.

Are you saying there aren't plenty of pre-pubescents on here giving out bad advice, or there are and the mods know it?

• Advertisement

Did you never break a speed limit? Did you come on boards.ie afterwards to get your punishment? Did you then grow balls and go into your nearest garda station?

Whats that got to do with the price of fish?

Ive nothing to disclose or declare with regards my driving.

We are discussing this guys impaired judgement - to both drink and drive and call the doctor a muppet.

fine, they couldnt get a vein for what ever reason - but I dont know why a) they let him off to the loo knowing they would need a sample and b) I would bet the hair on my head that he didnt call him a muppet but rather something stronger. Ive a feeling there is more to the story. Which is why he is being evasive about what happened and the solicitor cant provide a reply.

Ive nothing to disclose or declare with regards my driving.
    So you never broke the speed limit, no once? Or are you not man enough to come on here and admit it?

Are you saying there aren't plenty of pre-pubescents on here giving out bad advice, or there are and the mods know it?

Insulting posters who are telling the OP to get legal advice (which he cant seem to get) or visit the station is very mature. Like the OP, insulting people will get you everywhere. Aboy the head kid.

Insulting posters who are telling the OP to get legal advice (which he cant seem to get) or visit the station is very mature. Like the OP, insulting people will get you everywhere. Aboy the head kid.
    People in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones. Don't be telling people to grown cajones and go to garda stations if you're not willing to do it yourself. None of us are squeaky clean.

So you never broke the speed limit, no once? Or are you not man enough to come on here and admit it?

What are you talking about?

* Im not a man
    **I dont see what my driving has to do with this. I didnt drink and drive, get caught and call the doctor a muppet.
    *** Rise out of me

Seems like you are a bit sensitive about this topic. I dont really care why. Its a forum and he put the post on here for comments and advice which we cant accurately reply to because, as said before, no one seems to have encountered this before and we are not a legal team.

People in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones. Don't be telling people to grown cajones and go to garda stations if you're not willing to do it yourself. None of us are squeaky clean.
    Have you had to give blood(whether in a hospital, garda station or blood donation) and had the doctor or nurse unable to find a vein?

It's extremely uncomfortable and downright painful at times, and i have a lot of little scars from them messing it up.

If a Doctor is ****ing about unable to find a vein and just keeps jabbing me futilely, I'd get pissed off.

• Advertisement

What are you talking about?

* Im not a man
    See. Pre-pubescents. Feckin everywhere.

Tragedy wrote: »
    Have you had to give blood(whether in a hospital, garda station or blood donation) and had the doctor or nurse unable to find a vein?

It's extremely uncomfortable and downright painful at times, and i have a lot of little scars from them messing it up.

If a Doctor is ****ing about unable to find a vein and just keeps jabbing me futilely, I'd get pissed off.

I know what it's like. I have sympathy for the OP, unlike the high horse brigade who are advising the OP grows cajones etc.

Ok, can someone or OP clarify why the gardai let him go to the loo (at the station I presume??) when they knew they needed a sample? Did I miss something? If I did (which is possible) can it be pointed out?

I know what it's like. I have sympathy for the OP, unlike the high horse brigade who are advising the OP grows cajones etc.

Yeah, cause when they did that to me at the doctors a few weeks ago, I turned around and called him a muppet.

In your case, when the doctor couldnt find a vein, did you insult him?

What do you think would happen? In your job, what would you do if someone called you a muppet?

Edit: Sorry I forgot OP was under duress for driving over the limit and so makes it ok for him to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Chill pills anyone, maybe :rolleyes: ...

@OP bets job is, call to the garda station and inquire about your case/predicament,
    get a doctor to attempt to take a bold sample and give a written report/letter to you,
    if your lawyer can't help you, try another one...

Oh can some people here jump down from those horses, my neck is getting strained from looking up.

Just my 2c

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I hope to god you're not employed in any position of authority anywhere with your attitude and the way you jump to conclusions.

God help any people who cross you if you are.

What attitutude is that? The ops actions clearly show his intent. He chose blood knowing from the previous week that it would be difficult to obtain.

Yeah, cause when they did that to me at the doctors a few weeks ago, I turned around and called him a muppet.

In your case, when the doctor couldnt find a vein, did you insult him?

What do you think would happen? In your job, what would you do if someone called you a muppet?
    You're the worst kind of high horse idiot, you judge everyone on everything.
    Get a grip and stop taking whatever problems are in your own life out on everyone else.

The guy admitted what he did, ADMITTED HE WAS DRINK DRIVING, and is asking what can happen when the doctor told the guards he wasn't co-operation.

Stop reading between the lines that don't exist, if you don't have any advice to offer the OP, feck off and leave him be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Get a grip and stop taking whatever problems are in your own life out on everyone else.

The guy admitted what he did, ADMITTED HE WAS DRINK DRIVING, and is asking what can happen when the doctor told the guards he wasn't co-operation.

Stop reading between the lines that don't exist, if you don't have any advice to offer the OP, feck off and leave him be.

He also admitted to insulting the doctor. So he has admitted to not cooperating. The only one who isn't offering advice is you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

Well said, i second that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

sopretty wrote: »
    Hello there,
    About 1 month ago I was bagged and failed breathalyser on side of road.
    I was brought to the garda station and went to the toilet.
    Guards then gave me the option of either a urine or blood sample.
    As I had just 'been', I said they should take a blood sample.
    Doctor after approx. 5/10 minutes trying, couldn't get blood from either of my arms. He then stated that I had been uncooperative (I told him that the fact the he was a muppet of a doctor, didn't mean that I had been uncooperative) - for this wee moment of wisdom, I think I could be charged with threatening or abusive behaviour to a garda or something. I'm sorry, but what could I have done but present him with both of my arms?
    In the heel of the hunt I wasn't issued with any charge, but have charges pending I believe, for which they have 6 months from the date of the incident to issue me with.
    I'm just wondering has anyone ever heard of anything like this happening?
    Where do I stand?
    I spoke to a solicitor who seemed a little vague....
    As far as I know it's 4 years off the road automatically for failure to cooperate, but I did bloomin' cooperate!
    Oh btw, if you wish to go off on a rant about driving after consuming alcohol, please try to save your lectures for the unconverted or non-converted even...... ;)

OP you wont be able to get a definitive answer here so when/if you receive a summons see a solicitor

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Chill pills anyone, maybe :rolleyes: ...

@OP bets job is, call to the garda station and inquire about your case/predicament,
    get a doctor to attempt to take a bold sample and give a written report/letter to you,
    if your lawyer can't help you, try another one...

Oh can some people here jump down from those horses, my neck is getting strained from looking up.

Just my 2c

I think people have every right to frown on him. Do you know anyone who has been killed or disfigured/maimed from driving under the influence?

One horrific drunk driver incident locally was where, a local girl was killed walking home at night. The drunk driver mounted the kirb. She left behind 3 small children. The driver got off on some technicality. Yes, the gardai fecked up, but she still had a case to get off with it. didnt change the fact what she did. Or doesnt change what could have happened to the OP.

Id be more concerned that he has terrible judgement both to drive behind the wheel of a car, call the doctor a muppet and come on here looking for advice on something so serious rather than facing it and going to the station.

Well, thats pot calling the kettle black now isnt it? Grow a brain.

Yes, I will judge someone who chooses to drink and drive. Deal with it.

I want to know why the gardai didnt take urine from him on the first go. I dont think the story is as plain sailing as that.

Well, I think its fair game when he is on the road with us, driving against us, passing us out, dealing with pedestrians and traffic lights. Reaction time reduced etc.

Of course he is not going to get sound advice here. We are not a legal team. As I said above, not even a solicitor could give him an answer. And from what he said, it was not as straight forward as "here Ill give you a sample", he went to the loo - time is precious when taking samples for alcohol. If they waited for the loo again, they could have been waiting hours. Calling someone a muppet or otherwise during a situation like this only goes to show what kind of judgement this person has.

Its not his fault the guards let him go to the loo or that the doctor messed up, it makes no difference what offence he was arrested for, its how it was handled at the station that counts.
    IMO the guards and the doctor messed up and the op did cooperate

Its not his fault the guards let him go to the loo or that the doctor messed up, it makes no difference what offence he was arrested for, its how it was handled at the station that counts.

So do you think the judge will throw it out of court on technicalities?

Ok - to summarise:

1. The gardai fecked up
    2. The doctor fecked up
    3. The solicitor cant provide advice

The gardai let him go to the loo, knowing they needed a sample. The doctor then came into the station and couldnt get a vein. Poked him so bad that the OP insulted him. A whole load of professionals working are wrong or cant provide advice, but the OP over the limit is now asking an open forum what is going to happen him.

If the OP can fill in details it might help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

I think people have every right to frown on him. Do you know anyone who has been killed or disfigured/maimed from driving under the influence?

One horrific drunk driver incident locally was where, a local girl was killed walking home at night. The drunk driver mounted the kirb. She left behind 3 small children. The driver got off on some technicality. Yes, the gardai fecked up, but she still had a case to get off with it. didnt change the fact what she did. Or doesnt change what could have happened to the OP.

Id be more concerned that he has terrible judgement both to drive behind the wheel of a car, call the doctor a muppet and come on here looking for advice on something so serious rather than facing it and going to the station.

Actually sadly i do, 2 dead, 1 paralyzed , 1 disfigured, and i each case the Drunk driver was lightly hurt and got away extremely lightly

And i cannot stand drink driving, the fact that it is still extremely common is a very poor refection on our country, our government, our Gardi, and our communities who tolerate it, also i'm happen to report a muppet who Drink drives, and i hope they get the book (which rarely happens), i was just hoping against hope that we might see a little more advice than criticism given that the OP admitted wrongdoing.

There do seem to be some facts missing, like to amount of alcohol the op had consumed.

Shane.

Ok - to summarise:

1. The gardai fecked up
    2. The doctor fecked up
    3. The solicitor cant provide advice

The gardai let him go to the loo, knowing they needed a sample. The doctor then came into the station and couldnt get a vein. Poked him so bad that the OP insulted him. A whole load of professionals working are wrong or cant provide advice, but the OP over the limit is now asking an open forum what is going to happen him.

If the OP can fill in details it might help.

How about telling us the breathalyser reading that was done at the side of the road, if any?

Most people will make up their minds from that answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

OP never said that
    Guards then gave me the option of either a urine or blood sample.
    As I had just 'been', I said they should take a blood sample.

Didnt he say in the first post that he went to the station where he went to the loo? Did I pick it up wrong? Why would they let him go to the loo and then give him a choice of urine or blood?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Didnt he say in the first post that he went to the station where he went to the loo? Did I pick it up wrong? Why would they let him go to the loo and then give him a choice of urine or blood?

ooops,my bad.totally read it wrong. :o:o

Youre grand - I thought I might have picked it up wrong because it is a little confusing.

Would gardai noramlly allow him to go to the loo (speeding up the getting rid of alcohol process) and then ask him for urine? I dunno. Just asking.

So do you think the judge will throw it out of court on technicalities?
    I have no idea. Whose to say its going to end in a court case.

I have no idea. Whose to say its going to end in a court case.

WHAT? Getting stopped for drink driving gets you a day in court if you fail the in station tests and failing to provide a sample guarantees you a day in court.

WHAT? Getting stopped for drink driving gets you a day in court if you fail the in station tests and failing to provide a sample guarantees you a day in court.
    Yes your right but going on the info the op provided in his first post ,he never refused to provide a sample.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

As posted already, I'm a member of AGS.
    I detest drink drivers and will do anything legally possible to get that sample.
    The OP was prob allowed to go to the toilet because, believe it or not, we have to WAIT for a doctor to come. We have 3 hours after driving to get a sample, which for blood/urine must be taken by a doctor. To make somebody wait an hour or 2 to go to the toilet is, in my personal opinion, cruel and unwarranted.

None of us were there so we can only speculate as to what happened regarding the taking of the blood sample. We only have ONE side of the story, and an OP will always consider themselves in the right, human nature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭freighter

Yes but isnt there a higher penalty for failing to provide as opposed to being over the limit.

Yes your right but going on the info the op provided in his first post ,he never refused to provide a sample.

But he FAILED to provide a sample.
    freighter wrote: »
    Yes but isnt there a higher penalty for failing to provide as opposed to being over the limit.

4 years ban as per previous posts from GTC members.

As posted already, I'm a member of AGS.
    I detest drink drivers and will do anything legally possible to get that sample.
    The OP was prob allowed to go to the toilet because, believe it or not, we have to WAIT for a doctor to come. We have 3 hours after driving to get a sample, which for blood/urine must be taken by a doctor. To make somebody wait an hour or 2 to go to the toilet is, in my personal opinion, cruel and unwarranted.

None of us were there so we can only speculate as to what happened regarding the taking of the blood sample. We only have ONE side of the story, and an OP will always consider themselves in the right, human nature.

Ah right so - the doctor has to take the urine sample also.

If what he says is true, i.e. failed breathilizer/called doc muppet/couldnt give blood through no fault of his own, would he get off?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭php-fox

But he FAILED to provide a sample.

4 years ban as per previous posts from GTC members.

He didn't fail to provide. They failed to collect! There is a difference.

k_mac wrote: »
    He also admitted to insulting the doctor. So he has admitted to not cooperating. The only one who isn't offering advice is you.
    How is insulting the doctor not co-operating. You can say anything you like, as long as you are not obstructing

• Advertisement

k_mac wrote: »
    How is calling the doctor a muppet not co-operating? If he tells the doctor he's doing a **** job finding a vein, is that also not co-operating? As long as he did what the doctor told him, he was co-operating no matter what he said.

I also wasn't talking to the OP, who was I meant to be offering advice to?

You also didn't offer any advice in that post. Are you being 'uncooperative' by being hypocritical?
    What attitutude is that? The ops actions clearly show his intent. He chose blood knowing from the previous week that it would be difficult to obtain.
    The attitude of everything the OP did was premeditated with the intent to get off drink driving. Absolutely nothing he said indicated this, and it was purely your bias manufacturing intent where it wasn't stated.

Hence why I would absolutely hate to come across you in a professional capacity, because unfortunately I already have come across people just like you in presumption of guilt and bad intent no matter what.
    Well, thats pot calling the kettle black now isnt it? Grow a brain.

Yes, I will judge someone who chooses to drink and drive. Deal with it.

I want to know why the gardai didnt take urine from him on the first go. I dont think the story is as plain sailing as that.
    I'm not sure you know what "pot kettle black" means judging by how you used it.

You can judge someone all you like - this thread isn't the place for it. This is Motors - not the "Have yourself a nice judgement from your ridiculously high infallible horse" forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Nothing to worry about op. That's not legal advice, just my opinion. :cool:

Don't bother contacing the Garda station atm. If/when a summons arrives, engage a good criminal law solicitor. There are a few who specialise in drink-driving cases.

How is calling the doctor a muppet not co-operating? If he tells the doctor he's doing a **** job finding a vein, is that also not co-operating? As long as he did what the doctor told him, he was co-operating no matter what he said.

I also wasn't talking to the OP, who was I meant to be offering advice to?

You also didn't offer any advice in that post. Are you being 'uncooperative' by being hypocritical?

The attitude of everything the OP did was premeditated with the intent to get off drink driving. Absolutely nothing he said indicated this, and it was purely your bias manufacturing intent where it wasn't stated.

Hence why I would absolutely hate to come across you in a professional capacity, because unfortunately I already have come across people just like you in presumption of guilt and bad intent no matter what.

I'm not sure you know what "pot kettle black" means judging by how you used it.

You can judge someone all you like - this thread isn't the place for it. This is Motors - not the "Have yourself a nice judgement from your ridiculously high infallible horse" forum.

No my friend, I think you are the one who doesnt understand English. Ill say it again, you might get it this time, pot kettle black. You are criticising people yourself and have the cheek to call people names and tell people to come off their high horses. Pot. Kettle.Black. Are you getting it yet?

I am asking the OP to explain a bit more - obviously he is offline/hasnt had a chance.

No my friend, I think you are the one who doesnt understand English.
    I never said you didn't understand English.
    Is that unintended irony? I think so!
    Ill say it again, you might get it this time, pot kettle black. You are criticising people yourself.
    I never said you were criticising anyone, I said you were being judgemental. How am I meant to get what isn't there?

Also, calling people on replying purely to pontificate, criticise or judge the OP rather than actually partake in any kind of discussion in response to his OP, isn't the same as being the person who replies and says

"Grow bigger balls and go down to the garda station right now, you obviously knew they couldnt get blood out and planned it all from the beginning, you child murdering ATHEIST".
    I am asking the OP to explain a bit more - obviously he is offline/hasnt had a chance.
    Your first post:
    "Not even a solicitor knows what to say to you.

Why dont you grow some of the cajones back that you had that night and go to the station and ask what is happening?

Whatever the law is on this, if they cant get you for anything, I hope they let you stew for a while. "

Your second post:
    "Well, I think its fair game when he is on the road with us, driving against us, passing us out, dealing with pedestrians and traffic lights. Reaction time reduced etc.

He has no regard for the law, yet blatently wants it as his friend now to get off. "

Your third post:
    "Yes, I will be judgemental on such an instance where someone over the limit is driving a machine that could kill or injure someone.

Whats more, why didnt the Gardai take the urine from you when they sent you to the loo the first time? I take it you went in the station? "

It took you three posts to ask the OP a question, the first two were just being a judgemental prick to be quite honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭CaraFawn

Technically they have no evidence of you drink driving as the bag is only an indicator and not evidence IIRC, the issue they should be following up is the incompetence of the doctor. That said you're nuts for having driven if you had drink taken.

MC

I agree.
    They have no tangible proof you were actually intoxicated and at what levels.
    And you did not fight against the doctor of the guards to prevent them to take a sample.

Not being to take blood sample is not unsual, especially coming from a doctor, they ain't use to do that, a nurse would probably have been better at that.
    Now there are times as well where your physical condition make veins "hidding" for some reason (Low blood pressure or whatever...ain't a doctor).

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement