Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Volunteer teacher needed in Thailand

• 22-05-2010 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

No fundraising required for this volunteer post. No registration fees of any kind.

I'm a volunteer teacher for The Good Child Foundation, a Thai government registered foundation school. We are located in rural Thailand, in the province of Chanthaburi.

The foundation is seeking a volunteer to teach English to our young students [3-7 age group]

We can provide meals and accommodations for our volunteer teachers.

My son has Down syndrome and our story is here

www.GoodChildFoundation.com

We've taught our students to sing many Irish songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPwh9Ef9DCU

Please make contact with us for more info.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

Hi,
    I'm volunteering with PREDA in the Philippines at the moment so I'm not available, but I think that you should mention how long youu would like the volunteer to work for. There are lots of teachers who would probably go for a month in the summr, but I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for. It sounds like a great idea, and I would have been interested if I'd heard earlier (I'm a teacher on career break at the moment). I'd recommend putting a post/add on educationposts.ie as well as there are a lot of primary teachers (and some secondary too) who might be interested.

Best of luck with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Thairish

amz5 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm volunteering with PREDA in the Philippines at the moment so I'm not available, but I think that you should mention how long youu would like the volunteer to work for. There are lots of teachers who would probably go for a month in the summr, but I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for. It sounds like a great idea, and I would have been interested if I'd heard earlier (I'm a teacher on career break at the moment). I'd recommend putting a post/add on educationposts.ie as well as there are a lot of primary teachers (and some secondary too) who might be interested.

Best of luck with it :)

Thanks for pointing that out amz5.

We have found volunteers for this term May-September.

The school will be in need of two more volunteers for the term Nov-March.

We can secure volunteers with a degree [any subject], a one-year visa. Without a degree, four months would be the maximum amount of time allowed by the Thai authorities.

One month would be the minimum amount of time to come and volunteer with the Good Child Foundation.

Our students singing 'The Town I Loved so Well'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_UUHLfO_JA

Advertisement