Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heatwave Mania! :)

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Being drenched in sweat while doing nothing but sitting in a chair indoors completely sucks... FACT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I see a lot of you have never been to a hot country or have forgotten what it's like to be very warm. Pasty-skinned Irish lobsters!*

*Haha, I tan easily!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Feeky Magee

My extremely hot neighbour is sunbathing half-naked in her back garden. I went to open the window and saw her panned out asleep with a book over her face with her lovely assets on show, had to force myself to look away after a few seconds lest I had to call the shades on myself. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

My extremely hot neighbour is sunbathing half-naked in her back garden. I went to open the window and saw her panned out asleep with a book over her face with her lovely assets on show, had to force myself to look away after a few seconds lest I had to call the shades on myself. :P

I think that has happened everyman! Its certainly happened me. Being on a sun holiday, perving out the window at some fit young one lying topless by the pool....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

In the garden, on boards, after a bbq, and loving the accomplishment of doing 4 hours study = heaven :D
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'd rather drink a pint of water than inhale it.
    It's fecking gorgeous out in Swords but having spent the day walking back from Artane, the humidity almost killed me. Also: Ended up with heatstroke due to forgetting to lash on the suncream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

A heatwave at last! Bring it on! As long as I've got my sunscreen on I'll enjoy every minute of it. Lord knows, we've had a horrible winter and a dismal spring. Bring on the summer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I for one am looking forward to it cooling down from tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭ilovebiology

I spent 6 hours sun bathing, and got no colour! Damn it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭scorpioishere

Irish people give out about the hot and the cold, but everyone is always in a good mood when it's hot.

We just like to complain about it anyway.
    Irish people have it in their blood anyway, without complaining they can't live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭scorpioishere

Confab wrote: »
    I see a lot of you have never been to a hot country or have forgotten what it's like to be very warm. Pasty-skinned Irish lobsters!*

*Haha, I tan easily!
    Well said

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Had a big lie in with the papers and brekky :P

Went to the park and hung out in the sun :)

Ate a yum ice cream and later had tasty food and now having a few beers, enjoying the warmth!!! (dropping in to read boards too!) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

spent 9 hours today

9 hours yesturday

8 hours on friday

In B&Q......

parts of me are red and ive being drinking all day to stay moving.... warmer inside than out but had to be out.

now if you tell me its not hot out i will crack you over the head with a wheelbarrow filled with plaster/cement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

finished work at 6 after being in since 8 this morning, i love this weather but its horrible being a chef in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

One of the girls in work had some 'oil blotting paper' which supposedly helps remove oil and **** from you oily skin.

Anyway, I wondered would it remove the sweat as well. To test this theory I shoved it under my armpit. The thing nearly dissolved when I tried it :D

In conclusion 'yes' is the answer but you'll need about a pack for each pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I for one am looking forward to it cooling down from tomorrow

Possibly 30 Degrees in London on Monday :eek: they certainly get it hot over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Went to Herbert park with a friend to lay out in the sun and to check out the talent on offer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭ilovebiology

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Possibly 30 Degrees in London on Monday :eek: they certainly get it hot over there.

Would love to be in London tomorrow! Although you just can't beat 40C, now thats heaven :) The hotter the better.....might increase my chances of getting a tan! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

The temperature is dropping 10 degrees tomorrow according to the weather forecast. I for one am glad, my pasty Irish skin cant handle the sun anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭northern lights

Well feck me, it's just bloody typical... Started a new job yesterday and worked 10 - 6 (with an hours travel each way) and was on an early shift from 7.30am to 3.30pm today, was like driving home in a sauna!
    I'm not begruding this weather at all, just very jealous of you all sitting outside enjoying it with an ice cold drink!!
    Long may it last :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

great day today

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I had a terrible day. Its down to the fact that I enjoyed myself too much yesterday. I think I've alcohol poisoning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

FearDark wrote: »
    2 days of sun = heatwave?

Back when I was a boy a heatwave literally melted your face off for three months of the year.

Yep. Just shows how our standards have plummeted over the past several years of 'summers'!!

What a crackin' day today though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Irish people have it in their blood anyway, without complaining they can't live.
    Well said
    What nationality are you?
    Chet Zar wrote: »
    Yep.
    But it's not actually true that Irish summers were long heatwaves back in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Chet Zar wrote: »
    Yep. Just shows how our standards have plummeted over the past several years of 'summers'!!

What a crackin' day today though.

Yaaaar!

I'll take wat I can get though!

karpackie+sun= :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭whiteboy

This weather could get addictive if it keeps up:D

Advertisement