Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to a night-club for the first time - tips

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

jc2008 wrote: »
    Hi guys! Thanks for all the replies - I really appreciate the time you all put into helping me out.

My friends were, as usual, right - there really was nothing to worry about. I had an amazing night! I got into the night-club alright. A lot of people got turned away, which made me anxious, but I am actually 18 and after a few seconds of deliberation the bouncer decided my passport was fine and let me in. In all fairness though, a lot of people who turned up were under 18s, just chancing their arms.

I did two rounds of shots, simply because people bought them for me, but they were fine - I didn't get pissed or anything, just merry, which is what I wanted to 'loosen up', if you know what I mean.

MavisDavis, I did see that fight near Earl Street but I was in my friend's mother's car by then, so that was ok. I left the club 10 minutes early, which helped avoid the crowds anyway!

Again, thanks for all the help everybody. I had a really great night! My first time at a night-club, or any disco for that matter, but I found it great. My drunken dance moves weren't great but nobody cares, everybody was just having fun!

Thanks again. :)

Edit: A further question. My Garda Age Card should be arriving soon - I assume that when I go to night-clubs again, I can just take this instead of my passport, as the passport is a very valuable document and I would hate to lose it (it costs €80 to replace and takes weeks to replace it!). Will the Garda Age Card be acceptable for places like this, in lieu of a passport? I could always bring my driver's licence along with it as well, as it isn't that valuable (I think it only costs €15 to replace, so it's not the end of the world if it's lost)

Yeah, Government ID means passport, age card or driving licence. I always go for the age card - cheapest to replace and easy to live without while you're waiting to replace it!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

jc2008 wrote: »
    A further question. My Garda Age Card should be arriving soon - I assume that when I go to night-clubs again, I can just take this instead of my passport, as the passport is a very valuable document and I would hate to lose it (it costs €80 to replace and takes weeks to replace it!). Will the Garda Age Card be acceptable for places like this, in lieu of a passport? I could always bring my driver's licence along with it as well, as it isn't that valuable (I think it only costs €15 to replace, so it's not the end of the world if it's lost)

Good to know you had a great time! :)

The age card is waaaay handier as there's less questions asked as you can't fake an age card...sometimes to eliminate the possibility of someone borrowing a friends card however a strict bouncer may ask you for a second form of id...but most places would accept anything with your name on it to back up your age card...even a bank card would sometimes do like :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

lol I love Dundalk people.
    Over in fighting games, the north crowd say ye instead of yes or yeah, so it reads like they say it. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

If you're going to feel a little self-concious before you go in, just get a little tipsy first. That should sort you out. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

DKZ wrote: »
    If you're going to feel a little self-concious before you go in, just get a little tipsy first. That should sort you out. :)

This kinda attitude really irritates me. Pre-drinks are great - nice and cheap etc. but I hate when people feel they HAVE to drink before going out. As in, they feel they can't go into a pub or club unless they're fairly tipsy/completely hammered. I've a few friends who are actually terrified at the prospect of going out without alcohol on them.

Anyway.

/rant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Hotaru wrote: »
    This kinda attitude really irritates me. Pre-drinks are great - nice and cheap etc. but I hate when people feel they HAVE to drink before going out. As in, they feel they can't go into a pub or club unless they're fairly tipsy/completely hammered. I've a few friends who are actually terrified at the prospect of going out without alcohol on them.

Anyway.

/rant

As the facebook group says
    "Pre drinking may save you money but it costs your dignity.."

Its somewhat scummy or something if you ask me :p What ever about going to pub first for a few...but knockin' a naggin back at home first is just no.

Advertisement