Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curtains online or in dublin 90"x54" plain

Options
  • 22-05-2010 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭

I am looking to get curtains, fairly thick or blackout ones. Just plain looking ones, I am not fussy about colour just hate designs on things. It seems most 90" wide ones are quite long and this is my problem. They should not need to be custom made, I know some sites do this, I just reckon some site must have them off the shelf in this size.

Argos and shaws had none in that size, they had one or 2 very light ones in the size and had floral designs. I could get bigger ones and have them altered but you are paying over the odds for more fabric AND the tailoring.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

It's been nearly 6 years since I've been curtain shopping, but Arnotts used to have ready-made curtains.

Also Hickeys on Henry Street, with the option of alteration there too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

When I worked in Harry Corry they carried a number of lines in 90 X 54.

They're rarer than normal but not impossible. Are you sure your window is wider than 6 ft and shorter than 4 as this is the size that 90X 54 is for?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Thanks, I think we got some in clerys or arnotts before. I ended up getting some in argos, they are not the width I wanted, my rail is about 2m and I got 1.67m curtains. This means they will just be stretched out more when closed, they usually recommend 2x2m curtains for a 2m rail.

I went with argos since they have that 16 day return policy. If they look odd I will check those places.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

Don't know where you're based but the best place I've ever found for curtains is Winstons in Kilkenny High Street, they've always had the size and colour I've been looking for and cheap too!

Just a suggestion, hope it helps!

F

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Guineys have pretty big curtain section,
    Its where i got blackout lining,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

rubadub wrote: »
    Thanks, I think we got some in clerys or arnotts before. I ended up getting some in argos, they are not the width I wanted, my rail is about 2m and I got 1.67m curtains. This means they will just be stretched out more when closed, they usually recommend 2x2m curtains for a 2m rail.

I went with argos since they have that 16 day return policy. If they look odd I will check those places.

Make sure not to pull the strings on those curtains until you are happy with them if they are pencil pleat! The shop won't take them back then.

Advertisement