Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to fix loose wall capping

• 22-05-2010 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

As part of a landscaping project last year, we had a wall built at the edge of the patio which was capped with indian limestone.

I noticed today that at least 2 of the cappings are loose and as my kids like to run along this wall, I'm afraid the capping will shift and they'll fall with the capping coming down on top of them.

Whats the best way to go about fixing them? Is it a case of remove the old mortar and redo or is there a quicker fix?

Any ideas why the mortar failed? Poor mix etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

Tec-7

glue it back on. you my have to re point the joint but other than that should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

may be a better fix to re do altogether. mix may have failed for a number of reasons the big freeze may not have helped. may have never bonded well with the stone etc. tec 7 isnt a bad suggestion either but dont know how well it would hold up to kids running over it etc

Advertisement