Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LETTING AGENTS NAME & SHAME

Options
  • 22-05-2010 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

I've mentioned before on Boards that I recently moved into a new place after my last landlord wouldnt accept rent allowance upon me becoming unemployed

however since moving in there are a number of issues that where not noticeable upon viewing (viewing was arranged for 5.30 but agent didnt turn up until 7pm..when it was dark out and a number of light bulbs were not working so you didnt see certain things also when I gave deposit as I lived some way away from new property the agent came to me I was stupid I know should of made he go to the new property to get a second look)

I have let the agent know of the issues both through phone calls and through letter however all he keeps doing is directing me to the landlord who in turn directs me back to the agent neither one will to take responsibility

And everyday I go onto daft.ie to check out whats out there and see this letting agent with other properties which are substandad ( sent my sister to do some viewings with agent same thing happened ie turned up late when dark out and bulbs missing so bad lighting made it look half decent)

So I want to name and shame letting agents who once have your money in hand couldn't give a f**k what goes wrong and leave you to deal with the crap

<snip>
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Where is it dark at 7 in the evening in May. Why did you bother hanging around from 5:30 to 7 in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Pretty sure if the landlord signed an agreement with an agent, then it's the agents legal responsibility to deal with any queries.
    Get out a copy of your lease and see who the named parties are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 unamused

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Where is it dark at 7 in the evening in May. Why did you bother hanging around from 5:30 to 7 in the evening.

it wasnt in May it was back in March and yes it was dark and the reason i hung round was I rang him and he said he was on his way caught up in traffic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 unamused

Nevore wrote: »
    Pretty sure if the landlord signed an agreement with an agent, then it's the agents legal responsibility to deal with any queries.
    Get out a copy of your lease and see who the named parties are.

the landlord is named on it but it was <snip> who signed it on his behalf....citizens advice told me to ring threshold but they dont seem to answer ever any ideas on who legally is responsible i have sent a registered letter of complaint to landlord and one to agent and have asked for them to ring me but neither have and they have received letters thinking of withholding rent maybe that will get someones attention

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Threshold will answer, eventually. They're understaffed imo, and especially with the recession have a deluge of enquiries.

There's some pretty well informed posters in A&P, give it a wait, I'm sure some of them will have insights on where to go with this in the meantime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OP, Boards is not here for you to name and shame individuals, get a blog if you want to do that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement