Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monument beside track outside Tuam station ?

Options
  • 22-05-2010 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

If you walk the rail track from Tuam Station for about 500 meters towards Athenry, There is a stone monument just to the right of the track, kinda hidden in bushes. It has a cross on it and and some words in Irish. It was erected 1942 or 43.

Can anyone tell me anything about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

dnme wrote: »
    Hi folks

If you walk the rail track from Tuam Station for about 500 meters towards Athenry, There is a stone monument just to the right of the track, kinda hidden in bushes. It has a cross on it and and some words in Irish. It was erected 1942 or 43.

Can anyone tell me anything about it?

is it before the bridge on the athenry road ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

mossfort wrote: »
    is it before the bridge on the athenry road ?

its adjacant to the rail track not any road, if u walk track from tuam station towards athenry, go 3 or 4 hundred meters and its on your right.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I could find out for ya as I think I know the perfect person to ask. I'm curious as to what it is now myself, might walk down and take a look tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭con71

Well??? What is it then?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ah, it went out of my head completely!

I will find out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭con71

Cheers. ;)

Advertisement