Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best take-away in castebar?

• 22-05-2010 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭

hey guys,

for those living in cstlebar, what is your favourite take-away?

i tried the chinese and is average

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

i tried the chinese and is average

Which Chinese? There are 5 or 6. Jade Dragon on New Antrim St is the best by far as far as I'm concerned. To answer your original question I would have a preference for Cafollas if it's burgers n' chips that I'm fancying!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭irishgeo

you cant beat the cafolla on castle st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Blue Thunder all the way ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

Cafolla's :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

donmeister wrote: »
    Blue Thunder all the way ;)

I cant agree with ya there donmeister. If you had heard the stories I have....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭irishgeo

statto25 wrote: »
    I cant agree with ya there donmeister. If you had heard the stories I have....

found a huge long hair in my burger in the blue thunder, never eating there again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

irishgeo wrote: »
    found a huge long hair in my burger in the blue thunder, never eating there again.

Yack :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

Cafolla's in Castle St. all the way. Their Big-C burger is legendary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

ah yes-thank you all very much for the replies regarding take-aways, i shaal lgo to cafollas from now on for my daily roast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Cafollas is a poor substitute for Danollas!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

RMDrive wrote: »
    Cafollas is a poor substitute for Danollas!! :D

You're 'avin a giraffe mate!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭travellingbid

Caffolla is the only job!

jenno86 wrote: »
    You're 'avin a giraffe mate!!

No I'm having a quarter pounder with cheese and fried onions (not raw) and a bag of chips that are only 52% fat as opposed to 97%.

I used to be a caffolas man but then I saw the light!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭ananas

No I'm having a quarter pounder with cheese and fried onions (not raw) and a bag of chips that are only 52% fat as opposed to 97%.

Ha ha you're keeping me in grease money friend!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Where are you pulling these percentages from? Do you work there or something?

ananas wrote: »
    Ha ha you're keeping me in grease money friend!! :D:D:D

Ach! My retirement grease! No! You thievin' grease bandits! I'll kill ya! :D

jenno86 wrote: »
    Where are you pulling these percentages from? Do you work there or something?

The percentages were based on a complex algorithm used in conjunction with Eurpopean Union dietary figures. Then I ignored all that and made them up!

The percentages were based on a complex algorithm used in conjunction with Eurpopean Union dietary figures. Then I ignored all that and made them up!

Management material, my hero :D

Now you mention it I have some facts I will now pull out of my ass.
    The Chips are fat free
    The Burgers contain no saturated fat.
    Eating Battered Cod actually causes you to lose weight.
    Gougons lower Cholesterol.

Guys,

JC? Or whatever the hell its called now.

JC's ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

Guys,

JC? Or whatever the hell its called now.

JC's ftw.
    Someone stole the "J" from the sign,so it's just C's atm.I'm wasn't too impressed with their burgers but their chips are nice and it's fairly cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭MonTheBiffy

Right first off I don't do the Chinease craic really so this is about chippers.

Caffola's: Best chips in town. Can occasionally be undercooked but thats rare enough. Burgers decent enough no much meat to them though. Fish class.

Danolla's: Average at best. Avoid the sausages in my opinion.;) Chip's are ok, a poor man's Caffola's.

JC'S: Oh baby after a night on the razz you can't beat chips and a pizza in JC's. Top class.

TopNosh: From top class to Top Nosh. But sadly, its not what it says on the tin. Admittidly they are famous for their chip butty's but again have a tendency to undercook and I really wouldn't trust them too much. Having said that the chicken nuggets and spicy sauce is delightful.

SuperMac'c: The usual

McDonalds: Same as above.

Blue Thunder: I would avoid at all costs unless you enjoy the ol' enemy salmonella. I have seen men cleaning toilets then serving food. At least the toilets are clean.

Im sure I've missed some. But hey Im only human.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Blue Thunder, good food low price, what more do you want.

Did anyone see on the paper the meeting that the take aways had to close earlier to prevent anti social behaviour? Pure crap in my own opinion, these people have to make a living and thats when they're going to make the most money. If they want to prevent anti social behaviour stop serving them drink earlier! Drink is what makes people go loo la, not food.

Did anyone see on the paper the meeting that the take aways had to close earlier to prevent anti social behaviour? Pure crap in my own opinion, these people have to make a living and thats when they're going to make the most money. If they want to prevent anti social behaviour stop serving them drink earlier! Drink is what makes people go loo la, not food.

The food might sober them up! Its pointless having some of them closed and then others open. On saturday night the Mandarin Kitchen and JC's were open and they were thronged with people pushing and shoving cause there were only two chippers open. All the closures are doing is gathering a larger group of people in one spot and thats a recipe for disaster. Even though there were a serious amount of guards around there was still trouble outside Mantra. People wont go home early because the chipper is closed. They will go home when they are ready.

Rant Over

Did anyone see on the paper the meeting that the take aways had to close earlier to prevent anti social behaviour?
    I heard that all the take aways except supermacs agreed to close at 2.Now Supermacs is bad enough even on a quiet night out,but now all of the drunk people will be in one area rather then spread out around the town.added to this is that supermacs seems to be the main area where all of the scumbags who can't get into nightclubs hang out.all in all I don't see this working out well.

I heard that all the take aways except supermacs agreed to close at 2.Now Supermacs is bad enough even on a quiet night out,but now all of the drunk people will be in one area rather then spread out around the town.added to this is that supermacs seems to be the main area where all of the scumbags who can't get into nightclubs hang out.all in all I don't see this working out well.

I didnt venture up Main Street to see if Supermacs were open. JC's and the Mandarin Kitchen were def open. I cant see it going well either. I seen six people being arrested on saturday night and a mate of mine was jumped up in Kennedy Gardens and they broke his nose again after breaking it in a match the week before. The poor lad only had it reset during the week.

Sorry folks for going slightly off topic.

statto25 wrote: »
    I didnt venture up Main Street to see if Supermacs were open. JC's and the Mandarin Kitchen were def open. I cant see it going well either. .
    JC's used to be quiet enough on a saturday night compared to the others as well.Was mostly just the Cox's crowd.Sorry to hear about your friend,the town is getting rough enough on saturday nights.Having said that i have noticed a lot more Guards around and they do actually seem to be arresring people.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

JC's - Best chips in town and MUCH more reasonable than Caffollas!

Advertisement