Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gundealers

Options
  • 22-05-2010 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

More of a rant than anything else but here it goes,

Why arent more firearms dealers online? Now i know theres the whole security, not wanting people knowing what they have, but a simple phonecall to find out if they have what you want to buy will tell you whats in stock!! And on that matter why is it when i ring up looking or price on a gun i feel like im expected to buy something, which such a varied difference in price they should expect tyre kickers its their own fault,

if any dealers are on feel free to jump in!!! this isnt directed t all of you just something ive come to notice from time to time

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

My own opinion is that some dealers don't want their prices to be compared with other dealers. If you travel X number of miles, you're more likely to buy something than if you're making lists at home and ordering online.

Cutting off their nose to spite their faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I asked mine today his answer was he found the upkeep expensive and that he got a lot of calls that he viewed as time wasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

Fair point but who doesnt shop around for anything?? if it was a car you were buying you would shop around for the best deal same with a mortgage, a gun can be quite a purchase for some people it certainly is for me i dont have money lying about the place!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

newby.204 wrote: »
    Fair point but who doesnt shop around for anything?? if it was a car you were buying you would shop around for the best deal same with a mortgage, a gun can be quite a purchase for some people it certainly is for me i dont have money lying about the place!!!

I think thats why one should advertise on boards where ever good deals can be got.
    I always do, I get flack for it mind, some people have even insinuated that I am a gun-dealer or that I work for Hornady.
    If a dealer treats me right I will advertise them to whom ever wants to listen. If they mess me around i will make sure everyone knows same.

There is my 2 cents;)

Advertisement