Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Bruvvers Son's Communion.

• 22-05-2010 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

This is a follow on to My Bruvver's Wedding. :p
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055875619

Same church and we were not allowed to take photographs inside because as the priest put it "in this day and age bla bla" I had to laugh at that. ;) I took a few but they are on my brothers site.
    Oh my nephew is a sulking git why the tears in some, he plays his father and mother off against each other.

9E2ABB74D64F4017928130D321BB0086-800.jpg

193E06F6B6B14A86AC0220FD7675A5AE-800.jpg

A203201B40B644A7AB169BCD2637B997-800.jpg

11C2BF3E02AD4A408E89D4577BEF60A0-800.jpg

E764C617766C4A2EA8D49B01B4A0A074-800.jpg

E793580756D4481DBC3375DA345F27E9-800.jpg

8C6B360EAF7C48CD8B6798C0825674E2-800.jpg

F2356B0B81824107AE53BC5CEC9C920E-800.jpg

23BB62DFC28E4B48B05C74B8A25895D7-800.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Great AR, love em all.

B/W for me all round though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Very good set, love 8 & 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

love no.3 ,anticipation at its best:)

Erm... To be honest, he looks fairly upset in a lot of these? Fair enough if that was how he was during the day, but if he was generally happy (which is how I imagine most kids would be) then I think you picked a bad bunch to post up (ie; not that the phots are bad, but that I think the mood should've been more upbeat/happier?).

Although I'm not a fan of B'n'W photography, I really like number 2. Looks like he's just after springing up out of bed and walked outside, in anticipation of the day ahead. Looks genuinely happy/excited, as though he's just after winning the lottery or something.

The other pictures work really well for what they are, and I think that the photos themselves are nice, but I don't like them as a representation of a Communion day (Just my opinion).

Nice work :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Nah he was a moany git most of the 90 mins between the church and shots outside it, I call a spade a spade, if thats the way he was thats the way he gets shot, simple, I'll take the p1ss out of him for years to come.
    I'm evil like that.

In fact I didn't bother to meet them after for a meal in a hotel, I'd end up telling the kid to snap out of it and then me and the Bro would start arguing as he thinks the sun shines etc
    Instead I went to do the Swans and then went to a pub to watch the footy play off finals....I'm selfish like that too/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

The one with the money and the flats in the background is the best, dont blame you watching the swans after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Good. Say it like it is.

He looks a bit of a whingebag, going by the photos you've upped. Not just these, but in a couple of the wedding ones he's clearly being a pain.

But, he's a kid ... just hope he grows out of it :D

Too much molly-coddling goes on when it comes to commenting, and it's refreshing to see someone say it like it is re: they're own pics :)

They all look great btw, good stuff. It's not just about capturing a moment, it's about making that moment appealing, regardless. And you have done.

The thing is Cagey he has a wicked funny personality but in front of a crowd he as you point out becomes a typical kid and takes advantage of certain situations for his own benefit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Kids can be manipulative like that. But he is just a kid I suppose. We were all that spoiled, attention seeker at one stage ... WAY back in the day :D No doubt I was a bit of a brat too! Hard to imagine innit? :D

Reading back on the thread earlier I probably was too hard on him...
    I just assumed he may be narky near the end of the day, this was only outside the church!
    Main thing was I was very happy with the photographs and only made 1 mistake...that was not allowing for the shadow of a tree crossing their faces in a few pics, but again its experience.
    That's my 5th communion/confirmation/wedding and by far my best for confidence and results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

They're lovely AR - I wouldn't change his expression in any of them. My youngest made his yesterday too, and he looks utterly miserable in all of the photos. He didn't like being dressed up. He didn't like being bored. He didn't like being hot and he certainly didn't like having his photo taken. Takes after me in every respect so I didn't blame him :) We ended up bribing him with money so he'd look into the camera and fake-smile :rolleyes:

And you still look like your brother :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭molloyjazz

Borderfox wrote: »
    The one with the money and the flats in the background is the best, dont blame you watching the swans after that

7 is my fav too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

So there's no east London way of saying Nephew?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

2,3 and 7 are great. Looks like it was a very enjoyable day for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Ettna

Great photos, and even better clothes, how did they get him to wear all that gear. My grandson would not hear of shirts and ties, suits etc. Well done.

Advertisement