Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manhattan popcorn

Options
  • 22-05-2010 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

i'm addicted! does anyone know if you can buy it anywhere up north?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Have you tried Tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I love Manhattan popcorn, I haven't had it in a while though, because I'm strange and like eating it with chocolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

star-pants wrote: »
    Have you tried Tesco?
    yes, no luck there :( and dunnes do perri popcorn only which is nowhere near as good as manhattan. i think dunnes was my only hope as its irish, the british chains are unlikely to stock it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

_Godot_ wrote: »
    I love Manhattan popcorn, I haven't had it in a while though, because I'm strange and like eating it with chocolate.
    That isn't strange in the slightest.

Popcorn + Maltesters/Minstrels = Nyomming Goodness. :D
    milly4ever wrote: »
    yes, no luck there :( and dunnes do perri popcorn only which is nowhere near as good as manhattan. i think dunnes was my only hope as its irish, the british chains are unlikely to stock it.

You know what; Manhattan for the salted, Perri for the Cheesy.

I live near the Manhattan Factory, when I was out getting beer at the weekend the smell of the popcorn being made was all over the place.

I also grew up beside the Cadbury Factory, and I remember walking to school on mornings when the wind was blowing the right direction, you could nearly eat the air it was that delicious :D

I'd feckin love it if both factories were beside each other.

Des wrote: »

I live near the Manhattan Factory, when I was out getting beer at the weekend the smell of the popcorn being made was all over the place.

i'd love to go there and demand they supply my local centra! i remember the smell from the ormo bakery years ago..lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I used to live right across the road from the factory, the wafts of popcorn from it on certain days was gorgeous yum yum yum

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

They sell Manhattan popcorn in almost every Mace shop here in Sligo..
    I'd try a Mace shop near you!

And if that fails I definitely know Connolly Station in Dublin sell it. White Cheddar flavour is awesome! I love cheesy popcorn!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭3DataModem

You can buy it online from the company's own website. They regularly ship a box to me here on the Isle of Man.

Lornen wrote: »
    They sell Manhattan popcorn in almost every Mace shop here in Sligo..
    I'd try a Mace shop near you!

And if that fails I definitely know Connolly Station in Dublin sell it. White Cheddar flavour is awesome! I love cheesy popcorn!

thanks i'll definitely try mace- didn't know there were many left, as my local one was taken over by centra.
    I've never tried the cheese one, just wasn't sure about cheese popcorn, but I think I will now though!

3DataModem wrote: »
    You can buy it online from the company's own website. They regularly ship a box to me here on the Isle of Man.

yeah i saw that- there's obviously demand for it!
    i am in dublin from time to time so usually stock up then, think I'll do that soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

milly4ever wrote: »
    thanks i'll definitely try mace- didn't know there were many left, as my local one was taken over by centra.
    I've never tried the cheese one, just wasn't sure about cheese popcorn, but I think I will now though!

Difficult stuff trying to popcorn any other way once you put cheese on it!

Advertisement