Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do NCT send booking confirmation letters any more?

• 23-05-2010 4:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I've my car booked in for July 1st for the NCT, (I booked the date online around 2 weeks ago) , but the last time I got my car NCT'd I remember getting a letter from them in the post with the date and time etc on it after booking. It would be handy to have something to show the gardai in the mean time as my NCT is expired now a few days ago. I have the confirmation email but printed emails don't look so convincing.

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I booked my test 2/3 weeks ago over the phone and got a letter a few days later confirming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Demonon

Thanks I will ring them on Monday, maybe it's just online bookings they don't send it for.

Actually I checked the booking online and it says this:

Test Centre : Northpoint 2
    Booking Status : Booking With No Confirmation Letter
    Appointment Date : 01 July 2010
    Appointment Time : 20:15
    Appointment Email :
    Service Type : Periodic Inspection
    New Service Type : Periodic Inspection

Does that mean I'll never get a letter from them because I got the email ? I'll ring them Monday anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Yes, just print the e-mail and that covers you. BTW you don't have to pay for that test as its not within 28 days of when you booked, its part of their customer charter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Yes, just print the e-mail and that covers you. BTW you don't have to pay for that test as its not within 28 days of when you booked, its part of their customer charter.

Only if that was the earliest possible appointment at the time of booking. I booked in February for an April date that was convenient for me. I wouldn't have been entitled to a free test as there were earlier dates available, I just wanted to make sure I got the day/time that suited me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Ah yes I had thought of that as a given.

MC

Yeah it wasn't the earliest possible date, just most convenient for me with holidays etc.

Advertisement